Friday, January 3, 2014

Selecting Fabric

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I help a couple of students go through their fabric choices for the Glacier Star class I will be teaching on Friday.  They brought along some of their own and we played a little. 

Part of choosing for this quilt is selecting colors, tones, values that you like but work together well.

During this process we play and add and eliminate fabric until we get that correct combination.  Here is some of what we came up with...


One grouping was these jewel tones with gray backgrounds.  She wanted a shot of brown in there as this is going in her room which has those colors.  The brown is going to be accents and the inner border to frame it up.  I think it is going to make the center star POP!


Jan started with this and is using a minimal amount of fabric.  We added another two colors to this palette and I think it will make it sing.

I am looking forward to these two working on their quilts.

Unfortunately I didn't take many other photos.  (insert sad face here)... but I will on Saturday and Sunday so stay tuned.

Oh, but I did take one more photo...


Jan brought in here Total Eclipse to show off!  Isn't it gorgeous??

Stay tuned for more...


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Color and lots of it, I just love all the fabric selections.. The quilt is wonderful! She did a great job and obviously you are an awesome teacher.

Grit said...

Wow, wonderful fabrics and the quilt is amazing.
Grit from Germany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...