Saturday, January 25, 2014

All Together Now

Hello Everyone,

As promised, I was able to finish my Feathered Star Quilt.  Isn't it funny that every time you have a finish it instantly becomes you new favorite quilt??  Does that happen to you??

It took be the better part of the day yesterday to finish the second half and join it so it became a whole.


Love the center and the burst of color.  I like to take close ups so that you can see the beautiful fabrics, but the perfect floating, spikey points that you achieve with paper piecing.


In this quilt like in many of my other quilts, I use a combination of batiks with Kaffe Fassett.  Sometimes you need to go "outside the box" to find that right color combination.


In this quilt the center purple star has alternating Kaffe Aboriginal dot and a purple batik.  Then the very light purple batik that is the background for that middle feather.  Moving to the second feather layer, their are pink Kaffe with a light green batik background.  And the last batik that I used is the magenta in the inner border of the quilt.  


And I love the Rambling Rose Kaffe that I used for the main background.  It worked really well and I am pleased.


Spikey points make beautiful feathers and....


One really happy quilter with a finished quilt top!!

Now to quilt it...

Here are the quilt stats:

60" X 60"

1.  Pattern Feathered Star can be found here.
2.  Kaffe Fassett fabrics can be found here.
3.  Batiks can be be found here.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

Jill said...

Oh My Goodness. This is striking. Such perfect points and so many. Kaffe's fabrics and your other fabric choices most definitely have the wow factor.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Like fireworks on the 4th of July!

Gina Loomis said...

Jackie, it is absolutely stunning! Congrats on getting it together! Looking forward to seeing it quilted!

Unknown said...

eye catching and beautiful. Great fabric shade choices!

Judy H said...

Love the colors.

Rita@PinPrickedFingers.com said...

WOW! Just WOW!

Peygamberim İzinden said...

Süperr :)

Mary W Quilts said...

WOWZA!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. I love the contrast of color between the different layers.

Unknown said...

I am in awe! How can you do all those perfect points and such perfect symmetry all around. Just gorgeous. I can't wait to see it quilted and done. Wow.

Quinta da Quilter said...

Kit?
Class?
Love!!!

Kathleen said...

Absolutely stunning! Quite an accomplishment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...