Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!!

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year!! 

As I look forward to the New Year, I look back reflecting on 2013 and there was a ton of life changing events.

The biggest one for me as a Mom was that both of my children are in college and my husband I have become empty nesters.  I was pretty sad from about March through the beginning of June, but I quickly recovered and and adapted to the new quiet house.

I love my children dearly, but I began to look at it as a great way to go and see them.  I have been traveling frequently to see my son in Arizona, while coupling it with teaching.  Also, we have been heading to NY to see our daughter on weekends as well.

Another big thing for me was that I began to take "Pinch Hitting" flying lessons.  Many of you have seen my posts too.  I am learning how to fly and land my hubby's Cessna 182.  As I have vowed to go flying with him more often now and really thought it would be a good idea to know how to do this just in case something happened to him while in the air.  God forbid.

On the quilting front, I have been teaching a TON more and traveling and lecturing and really loving it.  I hired a great friend to work for me at Canton Village Quilt Works, kitting, filling orders, keeping the website up to date.  Began a new studio classroom and have met lots of wonderful new people due to classes and sew ins.  And have made many quilts.


As I reflect on the past year, I also look forward to the New Year.  Part of that includes lots of NEW things in store for me and for you!!   The first of which will be the launch of a new website and blog within the next 2 weeks.  We have been working hard on this and you have probably seen our new logo floating around.  If not here it is...


I feel it better reflects what CVQW is all about, don't you?

Anyway, stay tuned for tons of great things this year from CVQW!

In the meantime, I would like to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year and hope that all of you have a wonderful year ahead!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you a year filled with creative goodness.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the empty nest syndrome doesn't seem to take long to get used to :) so much freedom all of a sudden! sounds like you are busy and will stay busy!

fiberchick said...

Happy New Year! Love the new logo and look forward to hearing about your adventures both in the air and on the ground...

Nedra said...

Love your new logo! It's perfect for all the wonderful things going on at CVQW

Kim said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Happy Sewing

Ramona said...

Happy New Year! I wish I lived close enough to take a class or two from you. I love your creations! Keep on stitching. Your logo looks great!

Michele said...

That sounds great and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for this new year.

Nifty Quilts said...

Happy, happy new year to you, too! Love your new logo. Looking forward to seeing all your new offerings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...