Thursday, January 23, 2014

Half Of A Whole

Hello Everyone,

I am finally starting to feel a little better.  Being sick though does explain my absence of blogging.  I hope to really get back to some semblance of normal soon.  

Anyway, my Mom has been concerned about me because she hasn't seen any blog posts from me except for Tuesday's.  So Mom, this one is for YOU!!

Yesterday, I started to piece the units together to make my feathered star a WHOLE quilt top.  One of the things that I enjoy the most about piecing the top is finally seeing it come together as one.


The above photo shows the units all pieced together as one.  Yes there are quite a few "Y" seams, but they are a breeze.  If you have never done one, you really need to try it, they aren't that difficult and the more you do it the better you get.  Remember practice make perfect.


So I got a half of the whole pieced together yesterday.  Here is what that half looks like.  You can see the top portion still needs some sewing.  I plan on working on that today.  


Maybe tomorrow, I will be able to show you a completed top?!  That is my goal anyway.  I really, really LOVE this top and can't wait to make it a quilt.  

Stay tuned!

How'd I do Mom??  By the way, if all is as I suspect, I am feeling better today... ;)


Until Next Time....

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

suemac said...

What a beautiful quilt. Kaffe of course.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Wow, that is beautiful!!! Great job and I love the colours. I'm working on an Indian Orange Peel from Karen Stone in Kaffe fabrics plus others. Need to get the units together now that all the paper piecing is done. That is my goal this winter, but I've had too many interruptions to get back at it!! Hopefully soon. You have inspired me :-).

GailM said...

Looks beautiful Jackie, gorgeous colour combinations. Glad you're feeling better, I'm sure this will be helping as well!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Jackie! Glad you are feeling better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...