Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Was Down for the Count....

Hello Everyone,

Have you ever been so sick you just couldn't do anything, I mean anything for days??  That is what I have been up to for the past week... a lot of nothing.  I got sick and just couldn't do a thing.  I missed sewing so much, had to cancel a trunk show and reschedule a class.  I laid like a slug in the living room snuggled under a quilt with my cats laying all over me.

As of yesterday, I began to feel slightly human again and decided to go into my home studio and sew a little.  This was the best therapy for me.  Even though my sense of smell, hearing, and taste are still off, because of my slight congestion that is still lingering, it was wonderful being back in the saddle again!

Here is what I was up to...


Remember my Feathered Star Wall Hanging?  I had pieced each unit, but they still needed to be pieced together.


So I got started... I have eight "V's" now.  They go smack dab in the middle of the quilt.


One of the best things about ALL of Judy Niemeyer patterns is that the points ALL float.  By that, I mean, the points never touch the seam allowance.  Therefore you never, ever cut off that point by sewing it into the seam.  Cool, right?


Then I made eight of these, by joining three units together.


Eight border units together, by joining three smaller units together.  Note the floating points!


Here it is back on the wall.  Today, I hope to have the entire thing pieced together into a top!  If all things go as planned.  I had a minor slow down yesterday and had to stop sewing.  Hopefully today, I can "press" on!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Michele said...

Gorgeous, Jackie. As always, the colors are Wow!

Mayleen said...

Beautiful, I love the colors! This has me wanting to get back to the other side of my quilting colors - Kaffe and others!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

being sick can sure knock you down! hope you get to feeling 100% soon!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it's looking great Jackie. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Brenda said...

it looks fabulous! take care and recover well!

Eileen said...

That star has so much life, it just vibrates! Plus, I love the Kaffe fabrics you used. Can't go wrong with them, can you?

Shirleyquilts said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. The Feathered Star is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I couldn't do that star if I was 20 years younger and in perfect health! And you are doing it SICK. Wow. It's so gorgeous.... can't wait to see the whole quilt!

em's scrapbag said...

So glad you are feeling better. Your star is gorgeous!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

I hope you are feeling 100% very soon. Quilting therapy - the perfect remedy for your quilting withdrawl.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous! So glad you are feeling better.

Sherri said...

Oh that was not fun, I'm sure. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Glad that you are feeling better!

Irene Tortosa said...

Fantástico, genial... very good¡¡¡¡

CarolB said...

I really like this interpretation of "feathered" star, and what great color/fabric selection! Hope you will be "full speed ahead" asap!

Michele said...

Oh I so know how that feels. I got a cold right after Christmas and it hung on for weeks until it morphed into a sinus infection. Needless to say, I've gotten very little sewing done so far this year. Today will be my day to play. Glad that you are starting to feel better.

PamKittyMorning said...

Glad you're feeling better. That flu is hard to shake right? I still have the cough. That cold weather can't be helping. Happy sewing, your work is always amazing. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...