Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sample Spree... Wheeee!! Quilt Market #4

Hello Everyone,

Welcome back for Quilt Market post #4!! We are now off to Sample Spree. This follows Schoolhouse on the first day of market. So we are pretty much plum tuckered out. Sample Spree opens up at 8:00 and here we are waiting in line just a little before 6:00! Yikes! But we are with friends and amongst quilters.

Here Laura of Quilting By the Yard, and Pam are sitting resting their feet looking happy but tired.


Don't worry ladies, the doors will open soon.



The masses.


Michelle, of Quilting by the Yard, looking a little weary.


The entrance to quilty paradise.


My loot! I just love all that I picked up. Lots of Kona solids, some 30s, some Lecien, patterns. So much fun ahead. Not the best photo, there are some things that you cannot see. Those are the ones that might end up some where unknown. You just never know, I'm just sayin'!


But I think that Pam won the prize with her loot. Just to let you in on a little secret... she had to use the extra duffle bag, that I packed, in order to get all her stuff home!!!

Don't forget, if you are interested in making some pillowcases for the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, please go to this post and read all about it.

That was a quick post for now! The next one will be fun at market. Stay tuned...

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

27 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wow...terrific LOOT!!! A wee bit of Sample Spree envy happening here.

Will you do a tutorial on your method of pillowcase making? Just wondering. I already have some cute fabrics so you can count on me.

Anya said...

I'm soooo jealous! Sounds like you had a great time in Houston!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, yummy, yummy loot -- lots of quilting in your future!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Catching up on your fantastic days at Quilt Market!!!!
Wow.. lovely finds.. LOVELY shopping..;o)

HMaas said...

Lucky!!! That's all I have to say - and I am a wee bit jealous - look at all that good stuff.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It would be so hard to pass up any of the items you showed. Are the solids that you said are Kona - is that Kona Cotton?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

MichelleB said...

Great market pictures - thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the pictures of the loot. It's almost like having it here at my house, but I didn't have to pay for it, LOL.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh such yummy fabric, how fun for you!!!

Audrie said...

That's quite a loot you guys have there!! I'd totally go nuts and need extra bags to bring everything home too lol And it's nice to see a familiar face on your blog... Michelle!

Kathy said...

I love Sample Spree! Good thing Pam is a "best" friend of yours. You might be able to convince her to part with some of her loot since you made sure she had a bag to carry some of it home in! That sounds like a fair deal to me.

Cathi said...

What incredible fabrics in those pictures!! All that lovely gorgeous colour!!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Oh my! So wonderful! Do you have to own a business to go to this?

Teresa said...

Looks like great fun to me - although two hours in line would tend to dampen my enthusiasm.

imquilternity said...

Isn't sample spree fun? How many extra suitcases did it take to get your "loot" back home? :))

Sherri said...

Going to sample spree must be so much fun!!! I can't even imagine...think I'd be one of those people who would wait in line for 5 hours so I could bee-line it to the Moda booth!

Nedra said...

Hi Jackie,
I just got home from Houston last night, and I'm just getting caught up on my blogs. Love all your posts, especially the one with Kaffe. How I wish I could have been in THAT class! My only indulgence was to buy some new Kaffe fabrics while I was there.

annemariesquilt said...

Well I can very well see were all your money disapeared, hi hi..
This must have been close to quiltheaven!

Marianne said...

Woweeee!!! So you get the newest products at a reduced price? What a deal!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I thought I had a lot! well, I did have to ship home to antique quilts... besides all my fabric yummies...
;-)
exhausting but had a great time too!

Jana Nielson said...

That is another thing I missed this year!! I love the energy, and fiest of a good Sample Spree! Some of the women get downright mean!!! I love it!

henny said...

aah...tired for waiting in a line, had payed off! Lucky you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow based on loot alone that must've been a wonderful place to shop. Love Pam's rainbow solids.

Heleen said...

Seems you had a lot of fun! al the fabricrolls look yummie!

Diane J. Evans said...

"Jealous" is the word, all right -- there's drool all over my keyboard right now. Looks like it was worth the wait! Good for you!

Diane

Christine said...

I am enjoying reading about your trip to Quilt Market. Look forward to the next post.

Staci said...

Great loot! I think I would end up like Pam and need the extra bag to drag my goodies home with all the lovely fabric I see. :)
~Staci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...