Friday, October 16, 2009

Are You Ready for Schoolhouse?? Quilt Market #2

Hello Everyone,

As promised more market photos and market talk. The next few posts are going to come fast and furious and be mostly photos for your viewing pleasure. So the good part is less writing from me. I can really talk if given the opportunity, just ask Michelle, Laura (owners of Quilting By the Yard), and Pam.

I introduced them all to you before and here are my Quilt Market Buddies, sitting, contemplating, and finally choosing their schoolhouse selections. Some of the choices were tough. But everyone was happy here, now the end of the day we were all dragging.


So onto one of my favorite choices for this years market. Pam and I went to see Karla Alexander's and boy did she have some quilty eye candy. All the quilts in the following pictures are from her newest book Color Shuffle. It is a definite must have and I think you will see why after the photos.


Beautiful blues and greens!


Nice stripey!


Love the colorful boxes!


More cool boxes!


Some tiny boxes!


Such a neat design!


Lovely Karla showing a mini.


Great table runner.


A wonky type log cabin. Click on the pic and blow it up, you will see what I mean.


Wonky type squares.


A Halloween table runner.


Yummy watermelon colors.


This plaid is a stunner, love it!


A very modern wonky square in a square.

Woven wonder.


This one just flows.


I just love circles.


Just plain cool.


One of my faves, the cover quilt!


Finally, Pam, Karla, and I with the autographed copy of her NEW book.

This is really a must have. That was just one schoolhouse everyone. So buckle up next one coming on Sunday.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

34 comments:

Sherri said...

This is great...it's like we are getting to go to the schoolhouse! I think that would be one of my favorite parts of market...just getting to listen to the presenters!

Audrie said...

Such amazing and beautiful quilts! I don't know how you managed to take pictures... my head would be spinning! Hehe :) Thanks for sharing!!

Anya said...

Thanks for the eye candy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many neat ideas!! I love so many of those quilts. Thanks for sharing
Jackie.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

WOW!!! what amazing quilts. You are a very talented bunch of ladies. Love them all.

Kathy said...

Ahhhh Jackie - I want that book! Looks like market was great fun.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the great photos. It is almost like being there. I think I probably need that book too.

Cathi said...

Wow!! Those are fantastic. I think I have to get that book!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wow, what beautiful quilts, too many to choose a favorite. I think I'm turning a horrible shade of green. It must have been so much fun to be there.

Jodie said...

I could never pick a favourite from all those quilts, but I do love the stripes...

KG said...

wow. I love the stripes, and the plaid is very cool.

Janet said...

What a great time you're sharing. Thanks for the photos, they are very cheerful quilts.

Julie said...

Wow, fabulous viewing.

Vickie E said...

love the pictures. I didn't get to that school house as you know...if you go in spring...we HAVE to spend more time together..HAVE to...

Abby and Stephanie said...

Thank you Jackie! Stunning quilts and that looks like a fantastic "must have" book. Plaids and stripes and circles, oh my!

Nedra said...

Schoolhouse looks like a lot of fun. I've only had the chance to go once and I loved every minute of it. Great quilts.

henny said...

thanks a lot, Jackie!!
More, more....:D
I fall in love with the 'stripy'. Gorgeous!

Marianne said...

Great pictures, love the log cabin. Giveaway going on at my blog everyone!

jacquie said...

ooooooh fun!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I feel like I was there thank you!!!

Jana Nielson said...

HI! I found you in blog land!! I am sad that I had to miss school house this year. It is always my favorite!
I can't wait until you get you new Kaffe, and your Izzy & Ivy patterns. I'm dying to see my bag in his fabric!

annemariesquilt said...

I loved the ride , thank you so much..

Christine said...

Great pictures, Jackie. The wonky log cabin and square in a square quilts are my favourites. Thanks for sharing.

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful and amazing eye candy! What a talented lady!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That was great fun!! Thank's for taking us along Jackie!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

My favorite was the blue/purple and green table runner...it really caught my eye! Love all those squares!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of inspiration there Jackie thanks so much for sharing..

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. All these quilts are amazing. Thanks for the picture show.
~Karen~

Vivian said...

Nothing says it better than "eye candy." Great photos, lovely quilts, and thanks for sharing them.

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful! thanks for sharing these lovlies.

Victoria said...

Wow-wee! Beautiful!

Love the Decor! said...

Just getting into quilting and haven't acquired the "stash" that so many quilters have. THis would be a great way to get started!!

Love the Decor! said...

I am a follower!!
looking forward to gleaning from your wealth of knowledge!

Amanda Jean said...

i just LOVE those wonky squares. so much fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...