Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hole In The Wall Gang Call Out!!

Hello Everyone,

I know that some of you remember my call out last year for the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. Well, it is that time again. I have had some e-mails and inquiries about when I would be calling out for pillowcases again. The time has begun!!

Our guild had it's first meeting of the year 2 weeks ago and has set a goal this year for 2,000 pillowcases! Yes, that is a lot, but last year we had 1,600 made and delivered. Here are some pictures from that special day...



The car packed with boxes ready to travel.


Boxes arrived safe and sound!


More arrived, plus some help.


The ladies of our guild and staff from the camp happy for the pillowcases and quilts received for the kids.

So this year has already begun and we have a nice start on the pillowcases. We currently have over 200. Here are a few photos that I took with my iPhone at the guild meeting.





A lot of the fabric had been donated by the ladies and some fabric companies are also sending us fabric. Many are making the cases and just sending them to us. I can't begin to tell you how much these pillowcases are appreciated by the children. This is one thing they get to take home with them at the end of camp.

You can read more about the camp by clicking HERE. If you would like to make some pillowcases, you can find a quick and easy pattern PDF listed on my sidebar under "Freebie Patterns". Then send me an e-mail cantonvillagequiltworks@comcast.net or comment on this post and I will send you my address to send the pillowcases.

We will accept your pillowcase donations through April, 2010. It truly is a wonderful cause putting a smile on these children's faces. Thank you in advance for your generosity and kindness.

In other news, check out my Etsy Treasury here. See lots of summertime inspiration. But be quick it expires on Tuesday.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

26 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

What a great camp. I have kids with asthma & food allergies and get nervous about where I leave them. I can't imagine what a camp like this means to these kids and their parents. I will be glad to make some pillowcases for you... we have an outlet here that I can get a lot of kaufmann, mmiller, etc. very reasonable so this will be fun...my kids love to pick out fabric!

Diane J. Evans said...

What a wonderful idea! I hope to be able to contribute to this terrific cause -- these are the camps that were were established by Paul Newman, correct? Kudos to you and to all who give so much time to this worthy endeavor!

Diane

Purple and Paisley said...

count me and mom in, jackie! ☺

wishes, true and kind said...

What a wonderful project! I copied your pattern and will try to make one up soon!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I just purchase some fun fabrics for the pillowcases this week. I'll going to try your pattern and since it's a summer camp, no flannel. :o)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Look at all those pillowcases -- what fun!!!

allsewnup said...

When do you need these by...and...
would it OK if I posted about this on my blog?

:o)
Carolyn*

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Love your treasuries, I do! There's a camp here (Camp Korey) that's also the same type. Such a wonderful idea...so very wonderful.

I imagine those pillowcases bring wonderful dreams of all the fun had at camp...

pratima said...

So sweet to be working towards such a wonderful cause! Your Etsy treasuries are very inspiring and beautiful :)

Browndirtcottage said...

This is such a great cause. I have made tons of pillowcases for the Fort Worth Texas Cooks Childrens Hospital. I just see the great reaction from the kiddos I know here that I make for!!! The Kids LOVE them!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous colourful collection of pilowcases already. Well done for supporting this cause Jackie

Linda said...

Jackie, thank you so much for doing something wonderful for these kids. The pillowcase pictures look fantastic! Two of my rescue kitties are named Butch and Sundance because they came out of a hole in the wall, and they were really hard to catch. :-)

Wendy said...

Wow I've never seen so many pillowcases. Such a great thing to do.

jacquie said...

i didn't get any made last year...i'm going to do my best to come through this year! such a great idea!!

Barbara said...

I would love to make up some of the pillowcases. Please include me in on this project.

Unknown said...

I'd love to make pillow cases again this year!

Emily said...

I will make some, too. Please email me the info: emilylovesbaskets@msn.com

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Jackie what a great project. Good for you.

I'm excited to see how market goes for you. I'll be watching for posts.

Dianah said...

I am startin my pillow cases tonight. I have also posted about it on my blog. Can you please send me your address?

dyline24 at hotmail dot com

Thanks
Dy

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I would love to donate a pillowcase (or two!) to the Hole In the Wall Gang Camp - the camp is not too far from my house either. Please send me your address when you can.

thanks!
Jen

lej619 said...

I would love to make you some pillowcases!! how about a quilt or 2???

Michele Bilyeu said...

Fabulous project! I make so many pillowcases for three different organizations or I'd throw a box in myself! You use the same 'magic' technique that I do, and if anyone has trouble visualizing I did a photo tutorial on my blog..all my free pattern links in sidebar. Your generosity is such a delight to see! Thanks for spreading the word...giving and sharing are good :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Gelukkig nieuw jaar!!!

What a wonderful initiative, Jackie. I would love to send you 1 or 2 pillow cases. But when I read the pattern, I got a bit lost after pinning for the first time. Is it possible to add some pictures? I am a visual sewer and only text is very difficult for me to follow.

Lynn said...

I'm with Simone, I think I need a couple of pictures too, if you wouldn't mind. What a generous and terrific thing to do.

Ulla said...

Count me in as well!

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I made two for your camp. plus one doll sized for my son's Girl friend's doll. thanks for the tutorial. I will send the two if you can send me an address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...