Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival 2009 Fall Edition

Hello Everyone,

Well I am in Houston at this time enjoying Quilt Market and will be bringing back lots of goodies to share. But while I am there I wanted to participate in Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival! So I scheduled this post and wanted to show you my favorite quilt.

I actually have two favorites. The first is a Judy Niemeyer quilt design that I completed. It is paper pieced and I just love it. Batiks were used to give this quilt a good variation in color. This quilt is also my avatar. So if you see this on any blogs it is probably mine. The pattern is called Fourth of July! This quilt top is not yet quilted, because I plan on doing some really nice custom quilting once I get it on my long arm.


The second quilt is called Fabulous! It is a strata pattern from 4th and 6th designs. I just love this one because of the colors and the effect that the strata makes when arranged in a particular order. I just love jewel tones.


This quilt is quilted. I quilted it with an edge to edge design called The Grass is Greener. This quilt didn't call for something more elaborate because of the design. The quilting was done with a monochromatic cotton variegated thread. I just love this one. Can you tell I love bright and lively colors?

Also, I am one of Amy's sponsor and have a wonderful prize to have some quilting done by me! Good luck to you all!


Also, since you are all surfing the web looking at all the wonderful quilts for this blogger quilt festival, I wanted to share a quilt show that is taking place closer to my home too. If you live in CT or close by, you might want to check out this wonderful quilt show. All the information can be found on this website, so click HERE and check it out.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

45 comments:

Anne said...

Love everything about the 4th of July quilt - the colors, the pattern, etc.!

Also, I'm really enjoying your podcasts! Thank you for offering them!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Jackie,
Love your quilts, they are spectacular! Have a wonderful time in Houston...can't wait to see all your pictures when you get back.
~Karen~

Quilts on Bastings said...

Hi,
Your 4th of July Quilt is just stunning - can't wait to see what you do with the quilting!

The Calico Cat said...

Love your quilts - thanks for donating a prize.

Anya said...

Love your quilts and quilting, Jackie! Thanks for sharing and for being so generous with the giveaways!

henny said...

Love your quilt, wonderful.
Have a great time at Houston, wait for the pics :)

Nedra said...

You know I love that 4th of July quilt too. In fact, it's my favorite out of all the one's I've made. Mine is in Earth tones instead of jewel colors, so we can match our Southern Utah surroundings.
Enjoy Houston.

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful Jackie! I've always loved your bright, happy colors! Hope you're having a fantastic time in Houston!

Cathi said...

Oh, how I love these quilts!! Your colours are fantastic. The 4th of July is absolutely stunning and Fabulous is exactly that -- fabulous!

Michelle said...

AMAZING!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wow Jackie - going to quilt market and showing off these two beauties! Both the Fourth of July and Fabulous are so happy and colorful - I love them both.
And what a great prize - I would so love to win your quilting on one of my quilts! How generous!
Hope you are having a grand time.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow, beautiful quilt. Hmm, I think I have this pattern.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Yes, that quilt makes quite a distinct avatar! They're both very nice!

Have fun in Houston. I expect a full report! :)

em's scrapbag said...

The 4th of July quilt is Amazing!!!
I have always loved it.
Have fun at market. I look forward to hearing about it.

Marianne said...

Amazing quilts! Enjoy yourself in Houston!

Kelli said...

I've always admired Judy Niemeyer's quilts. Yours is SO well done!

Vivian said...

You've given me inspiration to begin work on my Judy N quilt (if I can find it!) Both Qs are lovely, Jackie. Enjoy Houston, and thanks for taking the time to post for the Festival.

Lurline said...

A super-gorgeous quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sherri said...

So, so love your quilts! Have fun at market!

Unknown said...

Super amazing! Thos are so beautiful.

imquilternity said...

Jackie, you already know how I feel about your Fourth of July quilt (top). I LOVE it and covet it! If you ever entertain the idea of selling it.....

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Stunning quilts Jackie, both of them! Have fun at the quilt market and thanks for sharing these masterpieces xo

Carrie P. said...

Wow, Jackie both your quilts are stunning. Thanks for sharing them with us.

stitchinpenny said...

The first quilt is stunning. the colors work so well together.

tooznie said...

I love the colour movement, nice work!

julieQ said...

Your quilt is amazing, Jackie. Have fun! I will be there on Friday.

wishes, true and kind said...

Gorgeous quilts, Jackie! The colors are so rich!

Rhondi said...

Lucky you being in Houston! Your quilt is great. I love that pattern.

Sara said...

4th of July is totally beautiful!

AnyoneCanQuilt said...

Such gorgeous quilts! I love your little coin one made from your scraps too. Have a fabulous time at Market! x

Millie said...

Your Fourth of July quilt is just so amazing. I love it.

Busy Little Quilter said...

Both of the quilts are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to see your market updates.

Victoria said...

Your quilts are spectacular! Have fun at the Houston Quilt Market, (you lucky gal)!!

Martine Kuciel said...

c'est un feu d'artifice de couleurs,felicitation

Nanette Merrill said...

Amazingly incredible.

Teresa said...

Wow..the quilt is lovely!

Dresden Quilter said...

They are both so beautiful. You have such a great eye for colour.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Stunning quilts. You have a great eye for putting those jewel tones together so your quilts just sparkle.

pratima said...

Wow, the quilts are stunning!
Incredible work!!

Jocelyn said...

So beautiful. And thanks for being a sponsor!

QuiltSue said...

4th of July is a FANTASTIC quilt. I love the design, the fabrics, the colours, everything.

Rose Marie said...

Awesome quilts ..... they explode with colour!

grendelskin said...

As usual I am in awe of your quilt; as a beginner I rely heavily on folks like you to show me what is possible! I loved the quilt show, my favorites were the minis and of course the antique pieces. East Haven is this weekend, hoooray for another show!

Allie said...

Beautiful quilts!

Casey said...

Your quilts are spectacular. I love the colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...