Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Hey... Don't I Know You???" Quilt Market #6

Hello Everyone,

First some business... some quilty inspiration has just been uploaded to my gallery. Go there and look under the Recent Additions. Beautiful quilts!!

Now onto more Quilt Market. One of the distinct advantages to going to market, is that you meet up with some very cool people. Some quilting celebrities, some friends, some blogging buddies, well you get the idea.

Anyway, it is like old home week! Such fun and such great people. So lets see who I ran into...


First up the lovely Brenda Riddle from Little Acorns. It was nice to see her again, she is just the sweetest and has a great new line of fabric out with Lecien. Go say hello and tell her Jackie sent you!



Then Melly and Me. Their booth is always so packed and lively. If you read their blogs you know that they have tons of fun stuff. You can see Melly here laughing with customers.


A little sampling of their cute plushes!


Here is the very sweet Rosalie. Always fun to speak to and she also has a new line of fabric out with Lecien. Definitely check it out it is just beautiful!


I am not sure that these three need any introduction. But here goes, from left to right, Elizabeth of Late Bloomer Quilts, Alex Anderson of The Quilt Show, and Pam Viera-McGinnis of Pam Kitty Morning. They are just too fun!! I always look forward to seeing them. You can see that Alex is holding a prototype of her newest venture, The Quilt Life. A magazine that will begin publication in January, 2010. Congrats to Alex and Ricky!


These two people you may not recognize, but are very significant in my life. Dan Purcell and Wendy Anspach. They work at Danemco... Websites For Quilters. Dan is the one who created my website and is currently working on a top secret project with me!! Shhhhh.... Anyway, they are terrific!


Pam and I helping Quilt Market celebrate 30 years with a little bubbly.


Their beautiful ice carving.


These people you should know, from left to right, Rachel, me, Julie, and Vickie. We kept running into each other all over market. What a fun bunch of gals.


Here Kay Capps Cross. She has written several books on Black and White Quilts that are paper pieced. Here she is signing her newest for me!!


The next celebrity has two clues... first the quilt.


Then the shoe. Do you know who it is yet?


It is Mary Lou Weidman! Here I am with her. She is also signing her newest book for me. It is a fantastic book. Tons of great inspiration and fun.


Her is Pam with Eleanor Levie. Eleanor has written another new book on Skinny Quilts and Table Runners. This book features tons of wonderful quilters.


I always enjoy meeting up with Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup. She is such a delight! Barbara also has a new fabric line with Henry Glass, it is absolutely beautiful. She has a new book too, which I was able to snag!


And last, but certainly not least, I met up with Vicki Welsh. She is a blogging buddy. If you have never been to her blog, you need to go now! It is called Field Trips in Fiber. Her blog is always jam packed with fun stuff. Not only that, but she hand dyes the most beautiful fabric and sells them on her Etsy Shop. How do I know, well I have made a few purchases. Trust me they are fabulous!! Tell her I said hello! She is super nice and I was so pleased to meet her in person.

So if you come back next time to my blog, there may be just a little surprise or two.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

32 comments:

rachel griffith said...

it was great to meet you jackie.
:)

Vicki W said...

It was a real treat to finally meet you too! It's really wonderful to know that I have quilting friends everywhere I go!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I read Vicki's blog too - Jackie it just seems like you had so much fun in Houston - thanks for sharing so many of your photo's from them I have found even more blogs to put on more reader to see what people are doing.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

How fun that you hooked up with so many people. Now I'm really curious to see what you and Daniel are cooking up. Isn't he the nicest guy? (great parents too!)

Rumi said...

How wonderful! You must have had a fabulous time!

wishes, true and kind said...

Great, fun bits and pieces of quilt market! Beautiful quilts aside, look at all the beautiful people you got to meet or reconnect with! So fun!

joan

em's scrapbag said...

A real who's who. Sounds like so much fun. Aren't quilty people the greatest?

Browndirtcottage said...

Yee Haw...what a wonderful trip you had!!! We Texans know how to offer up a good time!!
I am sooo inspired after seeing all the quilts....must.go.sew.

Audrie said...

How amazing to meet all these people!

PamKittyMorning said...

It was great seeing you again! Love all your wonderful photos!

Cathi said...

Your photos are so fabulous! It makes me feel like I have a very small idea of what that market is like!

Janet said...

I enjoyed looking at all the photos, it all sounds so exciting. You have added quite a few books to your library, does this mean more quilts, lol.

Anina said...

OK, I'm definitely going to have to go to Market next year. It looks like so much fun.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Top secret project??? You're such a tease! :)

Karen said...

....thanks for all the great pics1

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time Jackie! And top secret project??? Can't wait to hear what it is!!!

Rayna said...

I'm so bummed that I had to miss market this year, so glad to see your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a good time you had...look at all of those friendly quilt world faces!

Anonymous said...

Yay, there we are!!! IT was so nice to see you again and to see your post with all of the great memories and faces! ISnt Brenda just the best - love her to bits! Hope you had a GREAT market!!!

pratima said...

It's been so much fun to read about the quilt market and look through the pictures. Thanks so much, Jackie :)

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

I've never been to Quilt Market so it's always such a treat to see fun photos like this from the event.

Thanks for posting these.

julieQ said...

I am so glad you had a great time!! Especially meeting Vicki...yahoo!

staci said...

Oh my what fun. I loved the Melly & Me booth. I just envisioned myself diving into that huge pile of plushies. :)

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing your great pictures. I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I had been there.

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos. You should have a great group of friends!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow Jackie, it's wonderful to see the market through your eyes, thanks for the great pics xo

JanOliver210 said...

Great idea!! Beautiful fabric!! Who could ask for anything more - except to win!!

Nanette Merrill said...

You've got some of my favorite quilting superstars here. I'm jealous. You got to meet and see wonderful people and fabulous things. Good for you!

Needlelove2 said...

Lots of fun to see, thanks!

cottonreel said...

qquilt market looks wonderful , nothing like it here in England ,---cottonreel

Mercedes Ortiz quilter said...

"menuda organizacion" oleee tu arte!!! que manos tienes hija!!,¿como podria comprar en tu tienda y cuanto saldria el porte para españa?,me gustaron mucho tus telas,un beso.

Dirt Lover said...

Oh, all your pictures make me want to go to quilt market myself! Great job on the photos, thanks. My favorite is the quilt Grandma was a Cowgirl. I LOVE brights!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...