Friday, July 27, 2012

Gotta Love Partying Chickens??

Hello Everyone,

Since I returned home from my daughter's Student Orientation for college, I have mainly been quilting customer quilts and filling orders from the shop, very little time for personal sewing. Also, lots of college shopping... Whew... who knew about everything needed for college these days? 

When I went to college some #$ years ago, I think I just brought clothes with me.  Regardless it is nice spending time with my daughter before she is off in August.

Because I don't have anything personal to show you yet, I thought I would show you something that is in my studio and makes me smile everyday!!


Partying chickens!!  My dear friend, Karen, made this rug.  It is hooked, she is an expert rug hooker and quilter.  Karen has been a confidante of mine over the past few years.  We talk via phone and e-mail, and really, really need to see one another SOON!!  I miss you!!

Anyway, she is soooo talented!



Here is the entire rug.  She knows I love bright and bold, it makes me happy and my heart sings.


How can you not look at these funky chickens and not smile?  She instructed me on how to hang it on the wall.  No, no, no, this was not going on the floor... it is a piece of art in my eyes, not to be trodden on with shoes, feet, and cat paws.


It hangs right above a sign another friend gave to me.  Hmmm... maybe I don't have enough time for the fabric, because I am too busy admiring the partying chickens?

Thank you, Karen for the perpetual smile on my face and for being such a wonderful friend!!

Now I leave you with a final photo...


Pavi just had to jump into one of the crates that we purchased for my daughter's dorm room.  He was the official quality control department!  Great crates for $3 at Target!  I know they will come in handy.

If you didn't get your Blogger's BOM Month 11, click here.

Until Next Time...



Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

hookinct said...

Fun rug!! I knew who hooked it immediately and glad she is still hooking. Many hooking friends were afraid we lost her to quilting. Nice Karen!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh that is so much fun!! xo

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love that rug!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Perhaps Pavi is planning to move with your daughter and he doesn't want to be forgotten! :o) Happy shopping but most of all enjoy your time with your daughter.

I think it's important to have something that makes us smile each time we look at it. That is how I feel about my Garden Ladies. Your chickens "rug" is such fun.

Barb said...

love karen's rug - so fun!
cute photo of your kittie

Mommarock said...

Pavi just thinks that he is smart enough for college too, and can't imagine that DD is leaving him behind..so he just packed himself, ya know to be helpful and all.

Tina Craig said...

We went college shopping at Target last night, too! Poor DD is in a triple (that should be a double). I'm freaking out. She's fine and plans to pack light. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a de-triple.

Cathi said...

What a fun rug! It made me smile the second I saw it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the partying chickens!! I wouldn't put it on the floor either. I would want it where I can see its full beauty, nice and clean.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wonderful rug!

Jean(ie) said...

Things have changed since I went to college. I got the old ratty stuff to take with me. Just the basics (enough linens for some in the wash/some in use), school supplies, and clothes. That's it. Nothing more.

I love that rug! it is indeed a smile maker!

Nedra said...

i used to be an avid rug hooker, and sold all my supplies and wool when we moved to Arizona. Your friend did a great job on your rug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...