Friday, June 8, 2012

The Last Round

Hello Everyone,

This month wrapped up the Improvi-Robin!  I had to put the last round onto Miki's quilt which was sent to me from Stephanie.


This is how I received the quilt.  Stephanie had added the larger borders and the appliqué  leaves.  It was gorgeous!

As soon as I opened it up, I had just the perfect colors of fabrics to go with it on my ironing board!!  Do you believe it?  I couldn't, but was thrilled.  So what to do?  

I decided to add four patches and triangles to the right side and the top.  I didn't feel that it needed four more borders.


Here is a peek at the right side.  Aren't the colors just right? I couldn't be happier!


I even mitered the corner, it really called for this to be done.


Here is the finished piece.  I sure hope Miki is happy with it, even though I was a little late in getting it off to her.  I sent it back yesterday via priority mail so she should have it in no time flat.

If you want to see the progression of this top, check out our Flickr group.  You will also see the other quilts in progress.

It was fun being in this round robin, it helps you to stretch your creativity a bit. The next blog post, I will share with you my block that I received back from Stephanie.

PS.  Don't forget to enter my fabric and pattern giveaway going on... here.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

antique quilter said...

I bet she is going to love it
I love the colors, lucky you having the fabrics all ready pulled and ready to play!!!
Kathie

Teresa said...

Wow..what an interesting and dynamic quilt! Very nice job all you who worked on it. I like your choice of a border Jackie - looks great.

Sally said...

Very, very nice. What an innovative piece. I love it. Nice job to all who worked on it.

Miki Willa said...

Thank you, Jackie. I love your addition. The colors and the design are wonderful, and add so much to the quilt. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Venus de Hilo said...

Jackie, it's gorgeous! What a perfect solution for rounding out this quilt.

Rafael's Mum said...

The colours are going so well, lovely! Isn't it great when it all comes together unexpectedly?

PatSloan said...

i love the improv round robin!!! what fun to do.. somehow I missed this one going on.. now to check on how all the others look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...