Thursday, August 18, 2011

Night Flight

Hello Everyone,

Remember back in April when I blogged about this here, and then again last week here. Well I did finish this block and made it into a mini quilt for the NY Metro Mod Guild traveling show.


I added large geese and...


really teeny tiny flying geese. Pure insanity! Not sure that I will do those ever again.


Here it is Night Flight. It finishes at 15" X 20" and still needs to be quilted and bound. I have to get it all done and sent off by September 2. Do you think I can do it??? If you want to see it in person and the others from the NY Metro Mod Guild you can see them traveling the country at the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo beginning in Chantilly, VA on September 29. Be sure to check the other locations and dates!

Don't forget... all batiks are on sale for $8.00 per yard through the 19th. Just click here to get started.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Elisa Black said...

I love it!! And the name is great, too!! Totally awesome job, Jackie!

Jodie said...

That is seriously small !!! You amaze me, simple as that.

H said...

It's wonderful and I love your fabric/colour choice! How small are the teeny tiny geese? I think a finish by 2nd September is achievable...just!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

If this whole block finishes to 15 x 20, then those small geese must be minuscule! So many angles in this block too! Wow, it turned out just stunning!

MGM

Jean(ie) said...

Wow, that mini quilt is amazing. Now for those itty bitty goslings? Oy vey... those would drive me batty, but they look like you did them with ease.

Love it!

Lisa said...

Oh Jackie it turned out great! I still can't believe those teeny tiny geese you made. Can't wait to see all of our quilts together.

Helen said...

Fabulous finish. Jackie! Your little goslings have a long flight ahead. Those tiny squares on top could be their landing strip. And I just noticed your circle in the star...Great design for this traveling exhibit.

em's scrapbag said...

I've always loved brights with black and this is no exception. Truly stunning!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You can do it! Love the 2 sizes of flying geese on it.

Nedra said...

That really is a fabulous block. What a wonderful contribution to the show.

Vesuviusmama said...

Of course you can do it - you are amazing, and so is your little quilt!

Nicole @ Patchwork Duck Designs said...

The quilt top looks great! The mini flying geese are really fabulous!

Stacey said...

Great quilt...those colours are so hot! I bet you whiz through the quilting and binding in no time at all!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh my goodness Jackie, pure insanity is right. This is incredible. I adore those teeny flying geese. The colours you have used are fabulous. xo

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the colors you use! Insane is right with those teeny tiny flying geese. They look great though.

Thimbleanna said...

You can definitely do it -- It's beautiful Jackie! I love the two different sizes of the flying geese -- nice contrast!

debbie m said...

I love the block, and even more how the quilt turned out! Awesome name too. Maybe I'll actually make it to the show this year. It is just a few hours up the road from me...but then most everything is an hour up the road from me. I've lived here nearly 10 years and haven't made it yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...