Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cool Caribbean Color

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure what it is, all the snow, the cold icy roads, the icicles hanging off of our roof, but I have been thinking warmth. Sometimes when I think warmth, my mind wanders to the beautiful waters found in the Caribbean. Right now a trip to the Caribbean is very appealing!!

But since I know that is not happening, I decided when I was at Victoria's this past weekend to buy more silks (surprise, surprise), but in a Caribbean water palette. Maybe by making a quilt with these colors, it will take me there in my minds eye.

So here is what I purchased...


Beautiful teal blues, greens, and light blues. Most of you know that I am not a blue fan, but if there is a little yellow or green in the blue and the color is completely saturated, then I am there!!


Plus if they are luscious silk dupioni's, it makes them all worth it!! The only one in the photo that may not be in the final palette is the silk in the very foreground. It has too much purple in it, I think.


Here is the whole bunch of silks together. Aren't they just glorious?

So of course, I couldn't let Victoria have all the fun with the African fabric.


So I needed to add some to my African stash. Yes, my stash is extensive, but you all understand how we have the need to add new and exciting fabrics to our stashes, right?

See the little bundle at the top of the photo, Victoria gave those to me as a little welcoming present. Thanks, V!!


But, I must say that of everything that I purchased over the weekend, this black African Brocade was the one that I was most excited about. I have been looking for this for literally years now and I found it finally!! This will be going into a special African quilt for my husband. This is the year that his quilt will be made!!

So there you have it, the results of our NYC shopping trip!

***20% off my entire online store through 2/11. Use the code party20 at checkout for your discount***


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

It's been very humid and hot here all day Jackie, I will send it your way!!! Loving your fabrics, especially those silks, divine! xo

Barb said...

I just love those fabrics!!

Gene Black said...

I truly love blue but my favorite blue leans just slightly toward green. As a matter of fact, it IS the blue of the Caribbean.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh how I love the blues and greens. Gorgeous...although I'm not a beach person I'm imagining digging my toes in the warm sand! I really can't wait to see the quilt for Mr. Canton Village.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Blues and greens are my absolute favorites. What a delicious selection of fabrics!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

They do all look great bunched up together!! I like the purples in there too! lots of depth! wow, seeing it all together, you did buy more african fabrics, I thought it was just me with the load! hehehe! We don't know when to stop do we? hahah!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh those silks are dreamy. Makes want to hop a plane to Aruba and be lazy on the beach. :)

Jewel said...

I love those colors. I have quite a few in dupioni myself...

Cindy said...

Those silks are absolutely gorgeous! I love blues (odd that I don't have a blue quilt)! Looking forward to see what you do with them.

Those African fabrics look great too. That black brocade...can't wait to see what you do with that either! I have some brocades I bought in Japan years ago and still haven't used them so I'm eager to see what you do.

Vickie E said...

love the blue colors. Btw did you see your name in Spring 2011 Quilts and More??? ;)

dutch sisters said...

Love your silk fabrics!

Rumi said...

Love the beautiful blues! Was inspired by your Lil' Twister quilt so bought the template. Now to find time to sew!

Anne said...

Those beautiful shiny silks look wonderful. Love the colours and lustre of it all. I'm a blue person so the colours definitely grab me. Enjoy.

Micki said...

The silk dupioni is just beautiful! What are you going to do with them? I also love your African fabrics.
Micki

Poppyprint said...

I'm almost speechless. Wow. Serious stash building! Wonderful choices.

Elisa Black said...

I love, love, love all those beautiful blue and green silks!! Looking at them really did make me envision the Caribbean (and reminded me of the beautiful beach in Nuevo Vallarta that we visited in January for my Dad's 80th birthday-- it was a wonderful trip). One of my favorite all time colors is teal blue. Looking forward to see what you make with them, and also with the African prints! Have fun and enjoy!!

Beginning Quilting said...

The blue and green silks are all beautiful. All of your fabrics are pretty! You really have a great taste in choosing your fabrics. Good luck with the african quilt that you'll be making for your hubby. :)

Cathi said...

Oh, those silks are luscious! Definitely makes me think of warmth and sun and ... well, anything other than the winter weather!

pratima said...

The blue and green color pallette is so soothing and beautiful! The African fabrics are a lovely addition to your collection :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...