Sunday, December 2, 2007

Studio Pics and Stuff

Well, today is our wedding anniversary! I got up early wished my hubby a happy and came down to update my blog!! We did celebrate on Friday, by going to see Larry the Cable Guy at Mohegan Sun. After being married for 18 years you need to have some sense of humor. He was very funny! We were able to have a nice dinner and stayed overnight, as my parents came and stayed with the kids.

Now onto the q
uilting segment of this post! As I promised, here are some pictures of my newly organized studio. This first one shows how I utilized the Ikea cabinets to organize my fabric stash and my books. I can see everything now and really enjoy working in my studio. These cases fit perfectly in the one dormer. Here are 2 more pictures that show my stash a little better. I love the fact that I was able to group my stash in "categories".

I also have a photo here of a
great way to hang your quilts. I just had my husband space out 4 decorative curtain rods on the wall and folded some quilts over them. I have to say that I am not the one who came up with this idea. Holly had this on her wall in her house and I loved it. So thanks Holly for a great idea.

One more thing that I thought you might all like. If you go to The Happy Zombie's blog she has a
wonderful downloadable table runner pattern. The pattern is on her November 19th post and is called the Jingle Jolly table runner. It looks like a nice pattern to do on a snowy winter day.

Enjoy!

Jackie


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

can't wait to see more!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the quilts on curtain rods. I saw this done at a couple of celebrity quilters homes during a home tour one year. Love the bright colors.

Sweet P said...

I love the quilts on the curtain rods. I may have to do that in my new quilting room. Thanks for the tour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...