Monday, January 16, 2012

Paper Piecing Class - Part Deux, The KM Unit

Hello Everyone,

Saturday marked the 2nd day of my teaching the Judy Niemeyer's Total Eclipse Class.  When I came in and saw what all the ladies had accomplished over the week, I was ecstatic!! Mostly everyone completed their H units.  Those units are the quarter circles.  Here they are in all their glory...


Joan's jewel tone beauties.


Barbara L.'s  warm batiks.  She may have more on her blog too!


Maria's warm batiks too, but she varied the spikes.  Gorgeous!


Kathy's autumn like colors (on left) and Sharon's bright batiks (on right).


Rita's Caribbean like colors.  I just love the chartreuse batik.


Elisa was working with Kaffe Fassett fabrics and Australian Aboriginal fabrics.  I love the combos!! She also has done a blog post with TONS of photos.

Those units were last week's assignment.  This class we concentrated on the KM units and then some curved piecing.


Rita's lovely chartreuse and deep blue combo.  Love the swirls.


Sally went to town and completed several KM units and we had fun pairing them with the quadrants.  You can see more on Sally's blog.


This is Joan's KM unit where I demonstrated how to do a "cut out".  You can see we added a second quadrant to the KM unit.  There are several of these in the layout of the quilt, but not all.


I believe this one is Maria's.  Gorgeous!


Also, Maria's... another great combo!


And Sally holding her block completely pieced together!!

You can also view more photos from the class by clicking here.

Another great day, I am having so much fun!  A terrific group of ladies and all quite talented.  I am so looking forward to the next class.

If you are interested in the pattern...


it is Total Eclipse and is available in my shop here along with many other Judy Niemeyer patterns.  Just click here.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

21 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

wow.... amazing!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Fantabulous! Each one is amazing and really terrific color combos.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They are really gorgeous! A great visual feast to start the week!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Just beautiful!! Please keep posting the progress...

Jean(ie) said...

I love all of the color possibilities! Everyone has such beautiful blocks.

Love it... love it! Keep the progress coming!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful work from all of them. I love the colors!
Karen

Nedra said...

Wow, fabulous class. As a teacher, you have really inspired your students!

Nancy said...

These are absolutely fantastic!! So wish you could come to the midwest and teach!!

Days and colors said...

So colorful, so beautiful! I can imagine how exciting your Paper Piecing Class was!

Barb said...

Now those are show stoppers....just so awesome!

Miki Willa said...

These are all so beautiful. These ladies have some great color sense.

Nifty Quilts said...

Your stars are gorgeous! I've always said I would never make these, but you're tempting me.

Kim said...

Wow.....what beautiful results, I know you had lots of happy quilters.

Happy Sewing

Cathi said...

What beautiful blocks!! It's such fun to see how they look in different colourways!

Richard Healey said...

I love those blocks. New to quilting wont be trying those this week but defiantly one to add to the wish list.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Elisa Black said...

Hi Jackie! You got such great photos of those who completed the assembly of the H & KM units! Thanks for the link to my blog! I've read Sally's post, now I'll read Barbara's. Haven't assembled any H's + KM's-- went into NYC from Sun-Mon (will post tmrw)-- waiting to assemble all the individ units and play around on the design wall before I "commit" to a pairing. Started working on it again this evening when we got back (after throwing in some laundry) and its going smoothly now-- yay!!

Laura said...

I made the Total Eclipse last year after taking a class with instructor Lucille Amos. It was really easy after learning how, as the directions were overwhelming on my own! My daughter got me the Raindrops pattern for Christmas from your shop, I started cutting fabrics for it yesterday--they're such amazing patterns and so simple once you figure it out.

Barb said...

It's so fun to see these blocks! I have had this on my life quilt list for so long....I think I should take a class just get me going.
thanks for sharing these.

Lindy said...

This quilt looks very pretty and bright.

Janet said...

What fantastic blocks and such a great array of colours.

Julie Bagamary said...

That collection would make beautiful small quilts for the NeoNatal Unit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...