Monday, November 14, 2011

So Many Finishes!!

Hello Everyone,

Day 5 of the retreat was a great one lots of finishes and also show and tell.


My quilting buddy Pam finished her wonderful Kaffe Diamonds quilt for her daughter.  She used all Kaffe Fabric (you can find them here) and did a fantastic job.  If her daughter doesn't love it, I know where it can live.... ;)


Show and tell featured many quilts, but this one from Sharon has special meaning.  At last year's retreat we were all asked to submit a block using the same fabric as everyone else (they dubbed it the ugly fabric) and then add our own.  We all voted on the best one and then the winner's block received all of them!  

Sharon was the winner and put this quilt together, I quilted it and then 7 friends bound it.  Truly a group  quilt and ugly no more!


Jane made this wonderful Judy Niemeyer Crown of Thorns quilt.  Just gorgeous!


Justine's Beach quilt. I also quilted this one complete with palm trees and flamingos.


My Mountain Getaway quilt that was featured in the current issue of Quilt Magazine.  (Kit available here.)


Diane made this lovely architectural mini.


I just loved Lynne's fabulous beach girls.


Poppy is truly talented.  She lived in Hawaii for 33 years and does some awesome Hawaiian quilting.  All hand sewn and quilted.  This one is in the process of being quilted.


Wait a second, what is this.... Pam is knitting at a quilting retreat?  She looks like she is having fun though and quite relaxed.


Justine's quilt is now complete!  It is no longer a forest but is a Christmas forest.  The lights bring it to life.  It is an Alex Anderson pattern and can be found here.


Shirley and Deb holding Shirley's completed quilt.  Way to go Shirley!


Sharon and Betsey with their Strip tease quilts doing their best Wilson impressions.  Now the borders.


I began a new project... Cappuccino, A Party for Four.  It is a table runner and placemat set.  The pattern can be found here.

Many more photos on the Flicker set here.  Tons of show and tell!



Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Thelma said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed ALL the retreat pictures, what a wonderfully talented group of ladies. I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite project, I don't think I could!

Thanks for taking the time to blog about your retreat.

Sujata Shah said...

Great Show and tell, Jackie! Love every single one of these quilts! I actually bought the pattern and fabrics for the Christmas trees and never started it! May be now is the time?
Thanks for the loads of inspirations!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oooo and aaaahhh! Having lived in Hawaii for 3 years I have always love Hawaiian applique. If only I liked doing hand work...Stunning quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Hawaiian quilt - I have always intended to make one but never have - one day?
looks like you all had fun!
Karen

Jean(ie) said...

I seriously love all the finishes. If I had a favorite it would be either the Kaffe Fassett diamonds or the architectural mini quilt!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh my goodness, I'm simply blown away by that hawaiian quilt! I've always wanted to learn how to make one. Does she have a blog?

Barb said...

Oh my gosh....what a fun retreat and awesome things going on there!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So many beautiful quilts!! I love your new project. I bought one of her similar patterns. I'll have to dig it out and make it.

em's scrapbag said...

WOW! Some very wonderful quilt were created! Thanks for sharing.

PamKittyMorning said...

There are so many great quilts here. Say hi to Pam, love her knitting and of course her amazing quilt.

dutch sisters said...

These quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I love the fabulous beach girls..so funny. Thank you so much for sharing!

Thimbleanna said...

What a great group of ladies you hang with -- all so very talented. And such a fun idea for that ugly fabric!!!

Barb said...

Glad you had fun. What wonderful quilts. thanks so much for posting the hawaiian quilt, I am starting my first one soon!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a talented group of ladies you have there! Beautiful quilts.

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

Wonderful quilts! I think that the Red Diamonds Kaffe Fassett quilt is amazing! Makes me want to make one!

Patty said...

Looks like you all got quite a bit accomplished! Thanks for sharing.

sheila 77 said...

Thanks for all the lovely pictures. It's great to see what quilters are making. I'm looking forward to listening to your new podcasts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...