Friday, November 5, 2010

Quilt Market Post #3 - Celebrity Sightings

Hello Everyone,

I promise not much talking in this post, but lots of photos! So let us begin. Still in Schoolhouse, I took the following photos...


Three wonderful Aussie ladies Sarah Fielke, Rosalie Quinlan, and Lynette Anderson. Sarah sat with me for a Podcast interview. I'll let you know when it is ready to listen too. She was fantastic!


Tammy from Outside the Lines Designs showing off their quilts in Quick Quilts and Quilt Magazine. I am kitting both of them for the magazine. They can be found in my shop.


Gorgeous aren't they?


Then I had the pleasure of meeting with Quilt Dad John. What a fantastic guy! Tall too!! He also sat down with me for a Podcast interview. He was tons of fun to interview.


This is HIS view of the crowd waiting to get into market. My photo just didn't cut it, I guess I am just too short.


The first person I met up with at market was Karen Pratt of Quilt Lily Designs. Wonderful patterns that are going to be carried in my shop!


The lovely Brenda Riddle of Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. Gorgeous booth all decked out with some of her new fabric line from Lecien.


Rosalie in her wonderfully bright and cheerful booth!


The dynamic Pat Sloan! She was just all over market. We actually first caught up at Schoolhouse and I saw her multiple times throughout market.


My friend Moctar from Yara African Fabrics. He is so sweet and a joy to see. Yes!! I will be carrying African fabrics in my shop! So excited about this!


The lovely Melanie, the Melly half of Melly and Me. While at her booth taking a photo of her, guess who came up and was standing right next to me.... ?


The infamous Happy Zombie, Monica!! Yay!! After blogging all these years and e-mailing one another, we finally got to meet. Unfortunately, it was too short of a visit. But hopefully it will be longer in Salt Lake City!


Of course, two creative geniuses, Brandon and Kaffe.


Bill Kerr of Fun Quilts signing his new book.


The lovely Deb Tucker and her husband Jeff of Studio 180 Designs. I would love to get inside her head for just one day. She has the most fabulous rulers and patterns, which I will be carrying in my shop!! She also sat down and interviewed for my podcast. Such fun. That one will be out this month with a terrific giveaway!!


Okay, so Ty Pennington was there launching a new fabric line. Security guards, velvet rope, the whole nine yards. I couldn't get close to him and didn't wait in line. So I held up the camera and took this photo. Not sure who the lady in the photo is though...


Hmmm... who could this foot stool belong too???


Yes, the wonderful Pam Kitty Morning! As she told me, she was sitting on her throne. A beautiful one too.


And last but certainly not least, Elizabeth Scott of Late Bloomer Quilts. Isn't the booth fantastic? Also decked out with her newest patterns and fabrics.

I hope you enjoyed my quilt market posts!!

Now for a little gifty to you. Because I purchased tons of new fabric for the shop, through 11/7 you can take 25% off your order in my shop!! Just use the code makeroom25 at checkout for the discount. Kits, books, and clearance are not included.

Great time to stock up, plus help me make room for the new stuff!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

25 comments:

Nedra said...

Jackie-Thank you for sharing all your wonderful adventures from Houston. I was able to go last year for the first time, and what an event! Looks like you had a fabulous time and came home with some great ideas.

Helen said...

Awesome. Looks like you are having a wonderful time & meeting all these famous people in our quilt world. Thanks for sharing.

Riel Nason said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I love seeing what everyone's booth looks like. It must have been an amazing time!

alobsiger said...

Lovely photos, Jackie! It's great to see market through another set of eyes too! Hee hee, I loved Pam's foot stool/throne/tuffet.

Lisa said...

oh it all looks like soooo much fun!

Rumi said...

How wonderful! Looks like SO much fun!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Jackie, thanks so much for sharing! I hope we get to meet at Spring Market!

Jocelyn said...

Wow great pictures Jackie! It's so fun to see Quilt Market. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki W said...

I think you are going to need a larger shop space!

Donna~~ said...

Thanks for giving us a flavor of the market and shops...looks like fun!

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there! Thank you for the wonderful impressions and getting the feeling of it all!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Great posts, Jackie! I'm leaving Market and Festival totally inspired and ready to get to work. Hope to see you in Salt Lake!

Poppyprint said...

That's about as close as I'll ever come to market, I think. Thanks for taking me there!

WoolenSails said...

Loved seeing the photos and the faces that go with the names. Beautiful booths.

Debbie

Em said...

Thank you for letting me live through you since I am not there! HOw wonderful all of that energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia said...

Great pictures Jackie...what a fun time, wish I could have been there..
Julia ♥

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Jackie,
Thanks for sharing...looks like you had a wonderful time,
Hugs, Sharon

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your Fabulous pics Especially the ones of our Aussie Girl's...they looked Great.
Quilt Market looks Amazing.
cheers

Abby and Stephanie said...

Quilt Market envy happening here.

Fleurette said...

Gosh! wish I was there, such gorgeous quilts. Can you believe Ty! I love his show.Beautiful photos Jackie, thanks for sharing.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love love love all these pics Jackie, especially as I couldn't be there myself I can live it through you! You met heaps of fabulous people, love the quilts and booths. Fantastic! xo

pratima said...

Glad you had a wonderful time, Jackie! Thanks for sharing fun pictures :)

John said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I think you're pretty fantastic, too. : )

*Staci* said...

This looks like such fun. I would love to go to a quilt market one day. Thanks for sharing your photos they are wonderful. :)

PamKittyMorning said...

You have so many great photos. I'm glad I got to see you.. SLC I should be on the top of my game. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...