Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great Mail and a Wonderful Quilting Class

Greetings,

What a busy week I have had! I have posted new pictures here of beautiful customer quilts. Busily working to get them back to customers for the upcoming holidays. Also, I have been sewing the rows together on my mystery quilt, not quite there yet only 3 more rows then I will have a picture for you. I have also been slow in getting my October newsletter out, I promise this week.

Also, I received some lovely mail this week. I received this lovely package from Renee at Liberty Star. Thank you Renee. I just love it! It came wrapped just like this:


Then I opened it to find this wonderful sewing kit. Great to take with you to class or retreat or just to keep at home.

This is some of the inside. Lovely... thanks again Renee.


I also received this wonderful new pattern and 1/2 yard of fabric from Pat Sloan for participating in her virtual retreat. I love the pattern and the fabric.  Thanks so much Pat!

My friend Pam and I took a wonderful class from Laurie Shifrin, the Batik Beauty herself!! What a fabulous teacher!! Lots of tips and techniques. The class we took was one of her new patterns Mango Tango. Great Fun! Although, I don't have pictures of what I was working on (batteries were low), I was able to get pictures of her showing her quilts from her newest book to be released November 1!!! It is called Batik Gems. The quilts are absolutely gorgeous. 

Unfortunately, her 1st 2 books Batik Beauties and Batiks and Beyond are out of print. If you can find them somewhere scoop them up! If not you can e-mail Laurie directly as she has some and can autograph them for you. But her newest book, from C & T Publishing is going to be a sure hit. 

Without further ado, I put together a slide show... my first so I would love feed back. This slideshow presents all the quilts included in Laurie's new book. Please let me know if you like the slideshow and if you have any problems viewing. Turn your volume on, I actually put it to music.



Until next time, Happy Quilting!




Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a day Jackie!!! Did Renee tell you that was the day to buy a lottery ticket? TWO wins!!! yeah you!

pat sloan

Purple and Paisley said...

lovely wins! and the slide show is great...i love all the quilts but the purple one towards the end especially seemed to be calling my name! =)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the slide show. I have her second book and will probably have to buy this one.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my gosh ...you scored twice!!!
Lovely prizes...I just love the sewingcase and Pats pattern and fabric were lovely!! Lucky you!!!:o)

Anonymous said...

Loved the slide show, well done great music

cheers
Christine

Dandelion Quilts said...

Slide show??? I love it. You did a nice job on that. It looks like you've been treated like royalty lately....well deserved! Thanks for the great feedback on my new format over at DQ. :)

Until next time, happy sewing.

Pat said...

Nice slide show and no trouble viewing it. What lovely quilts and I"m sure that book will be a huge success. Thanks for sharing. Your prizes are terrific, too! You sure had a good week.

jacquie said...

the slide show worked like a dream, music and all! you might want to try to slow down the slide transition. what great mail! you must love your mailman.

Anonymous said...

Terrific slide show. You did VERY well! Wonderful gifties too. Woo Hoo!

Karen said...

Two prizes....lucky you!

Yes, I enjoyed the slide show and even watched it twice!

Tine said...

That sewing-kit is wonderful!! Lucky you :-)
The slideshow is great.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

What fun and how inspirational on many fronts! Hey, I want a package wrapped darling like the one you ordered....who has time to work on such cute packaging??? I am feeling guilty....I love something that looks so charming....
Your blog is such fun to visit!
Mary Lou Weidman

Shirleyquilts said...

Thanks, Jackie, I liked the video (and the music).

Where is Laurie Shifrin from? We might be interested in having her come to our guild since you gave her such a great review.

Dawn said...

Wow, what a slide show! -- I love your passion for quilting!

Eileen said...

Jackie, the slide show turned out great.. I loved it. You need to make those more often.. just think!

That little sewing kit with the felt wool flowers is adorable!

Anonymous said...

The slide show was good! I heard no music though. Probably b/c I was listening to the Wii, 3 boys playing the Wii, the baby chatting, and the hubby too. I rarely hear myself even think anymore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...