Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I Did Yesterday...

Hello Everyone,

I had the pleasure of working in my home studio yesterday.  It seems like I haven't been home much, but I guess I haven't.  Having been in Arizona for a week and then coming back, I am finally feeling settled again.  Do you know that feeling?

Because I was home, I was able to work on two of my projects!!  Very exciting.


The first is that I began quilting my Desert Sky quilt!  Very excited to be quilting my quilts again!!


I do love how it is turning out...


All kinds of feathers in the center...


With a great variegated thread.  Tomorrow the border units!

I also began piecing the borders on my Indian Summer quilt.  These are going rather quickly.  I would love to have them done by the weekend... but we shall see.


Here is what I was able to accomplish.


It will also get an inner border too.  So far I really like the look.  I usually don't use browns in the quilts I make, so this is out of my box a bit.  Reminds me of my parents home in Arizona.  I have a feeling that it would go very well in their home too.... hmmmm.

Both of these patterns are available in my shop by clicking here.

What have you been up to lately?  And have you ever step outside your box when choosing color for a quilt?

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Kathy said...

love the colors!

Kathy said...

Love the quilting! Are you bringing Desert Sky to MQX? Is there a set of quilting designs you are using on this beauty?

Unknown said...

Really a wonderful blog with lot of informations. We do manufacture and supply Mens Wears in India. We are looking forward to serve you in future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...