Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Signs of Spring

Hello Everyone,

On Easter Sunday it was a mild day here in New England.  Because of that my hubby and I decided to go for a walk... a 6 mile walk!

I am glad we did, it was good to get out.  By now, I have been longing for spring for about 6 months now... how about you?

Along our walk we saw some true signs of spring...


Take a look... the beavers have been very busy along the river beds.  

It is really unbelievable that they could carve out these trees with their teeth and jaws!  Amazing!!  You can see the little teeth marks.  Check out the one tree on the right.. look how much they have carved from that one.


This one is coming along too.  Now mind you these are not small trees either.  

I would love to know how many beavers are actually taking part in this lumber jack party.  There are bound to be some BIG beaver dams along the river.

Anyway, spring is coming!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Fantastic pictures,isn't nature wonderful.xx

Sooli said...

Those beavers would make great woodchippers! Thanks for sharing, don't see beaver evidence down here in Australia!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- how interesting Jackie! I've never seen beavers at work. Thanks for sharing these fun pictures!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat - I haven't taken a six mile walk in a long time!it seems like 3 or 4 is my limit now. I love seeing beaver close up but only have a couple times.

WoolenSails said...

It was a gorgeous weekend, we got out and did some walks ourselves, so nice to be out of the house again.

Debbie

Nedra said...

Now that your son is all moved, and all of you are back from your travels, how are you feeling about being empty nesters? My husband and I take a lot of walks together now, it has become a nice tradition for just the two of us.

Cathi said...

What amazing photos of the trees - it would be so interesting to watch beavers at work!
I'm almost givien up hope on spring making an appearance -- we've seen snow now two days in a row!

Pieces to Love said...

I love seeing God's creatures at work! I know some see it as a nuisance and destructive, but at the same time it is what they were put here to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...