Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cover Girl... Island Breeze

Hello Everyone,

I have been bursting at the "seams" to share this with all of you!  Most of you know that I design quilts for Quilt Magazine... if you don't get this one... you should. 

My latest design is probably one of my favorites.


I love the yummy color combos.  Using all batiks from Island Batik.


Quilted it using variegated thread and did some custom quilting.


You know I have an obsession with flying geese...  This quilt is loaded with them!  I used the method I show in my tutorial here.


Another shot of the quilting.  


The quilting in the tiny cornerstone that joins the fabulous green sashing.


Meet Island Breeze... Ahhhhh.... can you hear the waves crashing around you yet?  

This new design is in the newest issue of Quilt Magazine June/July 2012.  It can be found in my shop by clicking here and on newsstands on April, 10.  But honestly, you should subscribe, the people behind the magazine are just fabulous!

Oh and if you want to make this same exact quilt, I also have the kits in my shop too!  You will be able to find them by clicking here, we are just waiting on one more bolt of fabric to complete them.  Once that comes in then we can begin shipping.


Here is the beach scene from the magazine photo shoot.  Don't you just want to head to the beach??


The fabulous flat shot from Quilt!

For fun, Quilt Magazine has put a downloadable PDF line drawing of Island Breeze.  If you click here, you can download your own copy and then choose your own color combos!  How cool is that?

But this is why I am doing a Happy Dance...


... My quilt made the cover... MY QUILT!!!  I am thrilled and honored!  Thank you Quilt Magazine for featuring Island Breeze on the cover of your wonderful Magazine!

If you want to get to know Quilt Magazine a little better head over an "like" their Facebook page by clicking here.   While you are there, you can vote for Island Breeze it has made it to their Elite Eight Bracket!! The cover girl would love to move onto the Final Four!  So cast your vote! Thank you!!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway... here.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

37 comments:

Lisa said...

gorgeous fabric! Gorgeous quilting too! I wish I was enjoying the gorgeous beach too!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I hear the waves and feel the sand between my toes. Congratulations! The perfect combination of design, fabric, quilting.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous quilt...Love the picture from the photo shoot...makes me miss my holidays in Maine as a child...

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Congrats on 'cover girl' status. The quilt is beautiful, of course!! A stunner... I subscribe to Quilt. It's my favorite. Thanks for sharing the excitement!

Michele said...

Congratulations cover girl! The quilt is so pretty.

Sunnybec said...

Beautiful quilt Jackie, I have been over to FB and voted for you... I love the bright colours! Linda

Mom2RyandSis said...

Congrats on the cover! It's a beautiful quilt!

Lesley said...

Congratulations! Your quilt is so beautiful, and of course they would put it on the cover...it is just so wonderful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations Jackie - your quilting has come a long way since I first started to read your blog - I "knew" you before you were becoming famous :)
Karen

Vicki W said...

I like this one a lot! Well done!

Karen said...

What a thrill that must be - this is a wonderful looking quilt.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful...perfect for summer!

Nedra said...

Hurrah! On The Cover! beautiful job again Jackie. Love the design!

Terry said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on making the cover! :0)

Kim said...

Well done COVER GIRL!
The quilt is a beauty and what a great use of color.....you rocked it!
Congratulations and the quilting looks just perfect too! Something special about seeing our work in print isn't there?

Happy sewing and continued success Jackie

Nifty Quilts said...

Yowee! BEAUTIFUL quilt! I'll bet we'll be seeing these all over the beaches this summer. Who could resist? Congratulations on another cover!!

Donna in NW FL said...

Went looking for the kit on website but couldn't find it. Was I looking in the wrong place - went to "quilt kits"? Absolutely love this quilt!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations Jackie!!!What a beautiful quilt...love the fabrics! I can see why it made the cover!! I subscribe to Quilt Magazine and can't wait for my copy to arrive in the mail. Now off to go vote :o)
~Terry~

Venus de Hilo said...

Gorgeous! Love that you did not border it... makes it feel more relaxed and fun and summery.

VickiT said...

Beautiful quilt. Seeing this really makes me want to get some batiks and try those. I find myself drawn to quilts made from batiks but haven't ever bought any. I really love this quilt though. Great job and congrats.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Jackie! What a great design!

Diann said...

Congratulations! Having a cover quilt is a huge honor.

Mama Pea said...

Gorgeous! I can taste the strawberry daiquiri from here!

Miriam said...

Congratulations Cover Girl!!!

Love the vibrant colours you have used.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Congrats Jackie!!! Your one beautiful cover girl! ;-) oooh! that looks so good!

Jean said...

This quilt is gorgeous! Do the Wing Clipper instructions include how large to make the squares for different size FGeese you want to make, or just how to square them up using it?

Laura said...

Wow! What a wonderful quilt!

Anya said...

Congrats, Jackie! That's a gorgeous quilt!

robin said...

How exciting for you! Congratulations! It's beautiful. :)

Jean(ie) said...

Yummy... this quilt is simply yummy... definitely cover-worthy!

Nicole @ Patchwork Duck Designs said...

Congrats on being the "cover girl!" So exciting and a wonderful way to start spring!

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Congrats Jackie! makes me want to run & put my swimsuit on :)

-debby
Chester, NY

Cathi said...

Congratulations! I'm not surprised that's the cover quilt - it's absolutely stunning!

KateKwiltz said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie! Really a beautiful quilt, and makes me homesick for the beach!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

So beutiful, surely a winner, wish you good luck! I'm not on facebook, sorry....

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I adore this quilt of yours Jackie, it's such an eye-catcher, makes me stop in my tracks whenever I see it. xo

Glenna in TX said...

Wow, congratulations on your cover story quilt. Beautiful!
Glenna in TX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...