Thursday, March 1, 2012

BIG News!!

Hello Everyone,

I have some BIG news and am super excited to share it with you!  A few months ago, I approached the New England Air Museum (NEAM) with the idea of hosting a Quilt Show at their facility.  They did not hesitate and said, YES!

We have had several meetings to firm things up and now we have dates, lecturers, and volunteers!  I am tickled to be heading this up and am looking forward to a more than fabulous Quilt Show!


I also created this button, which you can grab from my right sidebar and place on your blog to help spread the word.  

This event, I must admit, was begun with a wee bit of selfishness on my part.  As some of you may know, my husband's hobby is flying and mine is quilting.  He flies his plane whenever he can, and of course, I quilt whenever I can.  So I thought, how cool would it be to combine these two loves at a place that we both love? 


On Saturday, we held our first volunteer meeting at my home and here are the totally AWESOME ladies that are part of the Team for NEAM.  There are quite a few that are not pictured here as they were unable to make it that day.

Here are some of the details we can let you in on right now:

~Things With Wings ~
 A week long quilting event at the New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks, CT
September 17 ~ 23, 2012
10:00 am ~ 5:00 pm daily
Guest Lecturers:  Marie Bostwick Sept 22 and 
Sue Reich Sept 23
Vendors on Saturday and Sunday
~ 30 WWII Quilts on Display
~ "Things With Wings" Special Exhibit
~ Plus:  200 Quilts in the Main Exhibit
For more information or to enter a quilt contact Jackie Kunkel
www.cvquiltworks.com
www.neam.org

If you belong to a guild and you wouldn't mind submitting this information to them to put into their newsletter I would greatly appreciate it!!


Remember the Total Eclipse class I taught just a few weeks ago.  My student and friend, Sally of Grendelskin, is volunteering to help with this event and she brought along her completed (quilted and bound) Total Eclipse.

She did a phenomenal job!  This WILL be hanging in the show, right Sally??? 


Here is her awesome back... made from the scraps that were leftover from the blocks.

So if you would like to see more amazing quilts like this one, please join us in September, 2012 at the New England Air Museum for this one of a kind event featuring beautiful quilts and a large and fabulous collection of planes.  This will be an event for the entire family to attend, something for everyone! Hint, hint, we have things for the kids too!

If you would like to enter a quilt or to advertise in the program, please send me an e-mail. Don't forget to go here for more information about the show and the museum.

Shop Notes:  Any orders placed between March 2 and March 11, 2012 will be shipped on March 13 and 14.  We apologize for the inconvenience. 

 But in the meantime, please visit my friend Lindsay, by clicking here, for something special! Hint: a Giveaway from me!


Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Congratulations for joining quilts and planes! If I lived a little closer, but I will be there in spirit. And maybe you will post a few pics after the event? Cheers!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Fantastic. Wishing you huge success. Wishing I could be there.

Mama Pea said...

That's very cool! Way to go! Good luck with it, and I hope it goes very well. How fun for those who live by you! Wish I could be there!

fiberchick said...

Congratulations!

em's scrapbag said...

I think it is totally awesome how you have combined you and your hubby's hobbies. I hope the show is a huge success! :)

Jean(ie) said...

Oh wow, that really IS big news! So clever to combine the two. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kim said...

Amazing Jackie, I wish you lots of success with this show and look at the group of volunteers you have already!
You must be whirling at 1000mph to get done all that you do!

Happy Sewing

PamKittyMorning said...

SUPER EXCITING!

Johanna said...

Yeah, my husband will know something is up if I say I want to go there! He is like a walking plane encylopedia with a bit of a flying background. Every summer he suggests that we go there with the kids and I never want to! I think it is time for me to give in.

Elisa Black said...

Very excited about this event, Jackie-- and thrilled to be a helping out with it! I have my blog button up already, and will do a post with a link to your post over the weekend. Don't think Sally's quilt will be in the show b/c she's donating it-- but hopefully some of the others in the class will be (and maybe even mine!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...