Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Round and Round

Hello Everyone,

This is the second round in the Improvi- Robin or second month.  I received this gorgeous piece to put my signature on, just a little peek here.


You can see I added some geese.  But I will take you through the steps of how this piece has progressed.


This is how it was first sent out by Abby.


Stephanie was the first recipient and this is how she changed it and then sent it onto me to add my round.


I began by making lots of flying geese!  You know how I love them. Plus there are always geese  seagulls flying around the ocean. I used my method of making the geese seagulls, you can find it here on my tutorial.


This is some of the original fabric that was sent along, so I used this as well.


And Voila!! You have geese seagulls circling the ocean!  

I used green and blue scraps for the geese and this fabulous batik to surround the geese.  I really do like how it turned out.  I hope you do too, Abby!  It is now on its way to Miki!

To see more of the Improvi- Robin Group's progress you can check out our Flickr group by clicking here.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Fabulous! I have done round robins and they were kept secret and revealed in the end. They can be fun but also a wee bit intimidating. I always agonized over my round. :o)

InGa said...

Beautiful colors...
Turning to look very nice.
I will follow the next development.
Have a nice week.

Nifty Quilts said...

I love all the movement you gave this quilt. I hope I will get to see it while it's in Miki's talented hands.

Deb said...

It's beautiful! It would be hard to pass it on.

Venus de Hilo said...

I love the geese! Wonderful colors, and that swirly batik is fabulous.

Abby said...

I love it! It's been so much fun to do this improvi-robin and seeing the progress each month.

And I love the idea of seagulls instead of geese. I'll have to use that in the quilt's name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...