Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thinking Spring

Hello Everyone

I don't know about your part of the world, but here in Connecticut we have been experiencing fabulously warm weather. Very unusual this time of the year when 46 degrees Fahrenheit is the normal. Being a warm weather fan, this is one of the best times of the year for me.


Do you remember this quilt?  This is "A Touch of Spring" or as I renamed it "Chocolate Raspberry Truffle".  I am revisiting this because I will be teaching it this spring.  Keep reading for the details.


Since we have been having warm weather, I took a stroll around my yard and found one bunch of daffodils blooming!! I couldn't believe my eyes.


Here is a little bit more of my Chocolate Raspberry Truffle.  Is it making you hungry to sew or to learn how to paper piece spikes, curves, and "S" curves?


Day lilies are sprouting up all over the yard.  Hoping Mother Nature doesn't decide to snow one last time. It has been known to happen and that doesn't thrill me too much.


Look even my lilac bushes are budding!  A beautiful almost cloudless day.  Couldn't ask for anything better.


Another large clump of daffodils coming up.  I must say that this is truly the earliest that I have ever seen this happening... unbelievable!  How is the weather in you neck of the woods??


Here is my whole quilt.  Yes, I have an upcoming class on this quilt and the various techniques involved, beginning in April.  If you are local or will be in Connecticut, I would love to have you in my class.  You can see the details on my schedule by clicking here.

If you would like to ask me some questions about the class send me and e-mail.


It is a Judy Niemeyer pattern and can be purchased in my shop by clicking here.

I hope that this post has put a little spring into your step!


Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

antique quilter said...

Love this , I love brown and red quilts just the perfect color combo!
Kathie

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

At the beginning of the post I was thinking to myself, I wonder what that would look like in Turquoise's??? WOW! It is in that color on the cover! It looks fabulous in red too. I just don't have any red in my house. They are both just gorgeous.

Karen said...

Jackie, I love looking at this quilt - red is my favorite color. Wish I was close enough to take your class. My DH and I watched a program on CT last night - he's a native. Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Katie Ringo said...

Jackie - love your paper pieced quilts! For someone that has never done a Judy Niemeyer pattern what would you recommend a beginner paper piecer to start with? One of her table runners?

Barb said...

great quilt! love the colors and those points!
Yes, isn't it wonderful to hear and smell spring in the air?

Laura said...

Love that quilt! And the flowers. In a twist of irony, our weather has been COLD here in Phoenix the past few days but we are finally supposed to be getting back to normal by the end of the week. Good thing you came when you did lol.

Anya said...

Your quilt is luscious! Our spring is so unusual here, too. My first daffodil opened up on March 19th -- this is the first time they've made an appearance before April 1st!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Just a gorgeous quilt Jackie!

Helen said...

Mmmm...chocolate and raspberry make my day...plus vanilla! This quilt is fabulous!

Heather said...

I love this quit. I may have to order the pattern when I finally have time to be home for a few days.

Mama Pea said...

The quilt is fabulous! I love your colors and doubt I would have thought to put them together. Really lovely. We have had beautiful weather here, too!

Cathi said...

Oh, Jackie -- congratulations!!! Another absolutely spectacular quilt! I love the pattern, the fabrics you chose -- everything about it is fantastic!
We've been having summer weather which has been a wonderful treat in March. I just hope April doesn't have any unwelcome surprises in store for us.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your quilt is totally spectacular!!! We're having more than a touch of Spring. We're having an explosion with Summer temps. Everything is blooming -- magnolias, bradford pears, forsythia, daffodils, azaleas, weeping cherry trees, etc...I'm making a big pitcher of peach iced tea today.

Dee said...

Amazing compass quilt. Thank you for the heads up on Sherrie's blog.

Michele said...

This quilt is fabulous!

I hope spring is here to stay. I am not a fan of winter at all.

Retrogirl said...

Jackie,
Spring may seem too good to be true this year but I'm living it up anyway. I figure we paid for it last year and it was SO worth it! I'm putting some spring flowers together for a post today...plants are up a good 4-6 weeks ahead of time. It's awesome!
Heather

Christina Gilman said...

Actually, all your paper pieced quilts have inspired me to want to try it again. Now, if I only had the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...