Monday, March 19, 2012

New York, New York

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, we spent the day with our daughter in NYC.  The day started off kind of foggy and we began our journey in Battery Park.


This was our view of Lady Liberty.  


Dad and daughter in great spirits.


I am trying to smooch with the hubs.


I really couldn't believe my eyes that the flowers were in bloom already and the leaves were budding out.


We walked quite a way and landed in Eataly!  A great Italian marketplace of sorts.  Being Italian, I really appreciated the food and the atmosphere.  The hubs was checking out the cheeses and dried meats... YUM!!


But after seeing all that food, we opted for burgers.  Yup that is right, juicy burgers.  Mine was a green chile cheeseburger.


With a side of yummy sweet potato fries.


Our next stop was the Empire State Building.  We went up to the observation deck and by that time the fog had cleared and it was a perfect day for seeing NYC.


This is looking up at the very tip top of the building.


Here is the view of the Chrysler Building.  As Tina said, great NY Beauties on that building.


A nice lady offered to take this family photo.  I like it!


A view of New Jersey... Victoria can you see your building?? I think I can!!


And of course a stop at Times Square, the crossroads of the world.  Then we hoofed it back to Grand Central Station and home.

All in all we think we walked about 7.5 miles today.  Man, we were pooped!  But what a fun day!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

antique quilter said...

sure sounds like the perfect day and wow the weather was wonderful wasn't it?
Kathie

Karen M said...

A day in NYC. Nothing better...unless it is raining. Fortunately, you were there on a great day.

Barb Neiwert said...

Thanks for including us on your tour - glad you had a great day!

Mama Pea said...

Looks like a great day! You got your exercise in, too!

Thelma said...

That's my kind of day, get in, have fun, get out! You made the most of your day. Isn't this weather just wacky!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky girl! How wonderful that you live so close to NYC -- I miss my monthly trips there. Looks like you had a great time!

Wanda said...

Sounds like a wonderful family day. We loved our visit back in October. It was the first time I had been there and I definitely want to go back again.

Kim said...

You sure picked the perfect day for it!
Looks like a great time :0)

Happy Sewing

Barb said...

What fun. I love spending a day in the city
super cute family photos!

Encyclopedia said...

Yeah, you were touring my city and after a quick jaunt in the park, i was home stitching...lol...thanks for sharing

Abby and Stephanie said...

I've never been to NYC. The skyline is fabulous in the day so I can only imagine what it looks like at night.

Rayna said...

Jackie - this was great! I am always posting pix of my NY jaunts (I live in NJ) but it is a true joy to see someone else's photos for a change. You're so lucky to have spent a day with this gorgeous spring weather - perfect!

Next time you're heading this way, let me know in advance!

Anonymous said...

wow, love the post, reminds me my stay there last november
gosh, I do love that city, and Eataly, isn't that a supersize italian store, our hotel was just opposite
would be fun meeting you there one day

pasqueflower said...

Loved your post!! Makes me homesick, though, for my daughter who lives in Brooklyn. She's doing a Teach for America fellowship, teaching in a school in the Bedford-Stuyvesant sector of the city. Her apt is an easy walk to the Brooklyn City Library.

Cathy Hetzel said...

Love seeing your photos of NYC......looks like you had a great day.......it reminds me of our holiday there last year.....love NYC.....

Nedra said...

You world traveler. Arizona and Utah a few weeks ago, and now New York. Did I tell you we have a son going to school in Manhatten?

Cathi said...

Thank you for sharing your day!! I loved seeing the sights with you. The Chrysler building actually inspired one of the quilts I'm working on. :-)

leanne said...

thanks for sharing the photos - especially enjoyed seeing the new york beauty block on the Chrysler building :)

pat sloan said...

I bet we crossed in the street!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Yep! You got my building in there! Lower left hand corner building to the left of the one with a green come on it... first balcony is me!
Looks like you guys had fun! Sorry to miss you while I was on the HIGH SEAS.... ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...