Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun In The Sun

Hello Everyone,

First I want to thank everyone for their wonderful feedback and suggestions on my last blog post.  I have read every single one!  Lots of great ideas.  I am seriously taking everyone into consideration upon beginning this new venture.... thank you, thank you!  I will continue to welcome more feedback, just click here to read the post and leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Now onto some fun!  Yes, I have flown the coop for just a little bit.  I am in the Valley of the Sun... Arizona!  

Today, I was able to meet up, again, with my long time blogging friend Nedra from Cactus Needle.


Last year we met for the first time and had lunch with together with my mom and we did the same this year.  It was her day off so it was perfect timing.   We enjoyed a wonderful leisurely lunch and I got to hear all about her recent quilting retreat.  You too, can read about it on her blog by clicking here.

Thank you, Nedra for a fabulous time.  I look forward to seeing you again.



After lunch my mom and I managed to find this great little cupcake shop called Designer Cakes By April.  Click here for their website.  If you live near here, you must go.


They had lots of yummy cupcakes like the two photos above and they also had...


fabulously moist cake pops!  We opted for cake pops because they were just the right amount of dessert after such a large lunch. 


While were were dining and chatting, the boys saw some of this... The sun rising and then...


Some ATV fun!  I must say this was definitely where I step out of the picture.  They traveled on trails over 70 miles for the day.  My son had a blast!


So did the hubs.  However, their day was not without excitement...


my son bailed out of the ATV as it was ready to go over this area.  You can see the front wheel is off the ground.  Not only did he have to ditch, but my hubby flipped his ATV and then they also got lost trying to find their way back to the pick up truck.  Yep, but they were happy as clams.  Lots of testosterone fueled fun!

Two more days and lots more to do.  I, for one, have been power walking everyday.  Today, if the boys aren't too stiff, we are going for a hike!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh that would have been a tough decision for me, hang out with the girls and do something quilty or go hang out on the ATV's all day long. I have my own motorcycle and I love to camp, and I love to quilt too. Yeppers I am the odd woman out you could say. You should see the looks I get when I show up in a quilt shop holding my motorcycle helmet. They normally treat me with the plague and assume I know nothing about quilting too, which is sad.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you've had a super good time Jackie. And, of course, I'm going to focus on those cupcakes -- they look DIVINE!

Jean(ie) said...

*thud*
Those cupcakes... someone pick me up from the floor. They look so good.

Isn't it fun to spend lunchtime with a friend?

I'm excited about your online classes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how fun! someday when I go to Arizona I would love to meet Nedra, we have been writing back and forth since the beginning of the Star Crazy quilt - the cupcake shop looks fantastic and sugar heaven!
I would stay off the ATV's but the guys look like they had fun.
Karen

Josie McRazie said...

I thought those cupcakes were ice cream! Look at all that frosting!!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Perfect time of year for AZ! Looks like fun.

Kim said...

Ha ha have to laugh at Ann Marie's comment...I know just how she feels.
You should have seen my husband and I in full leathers at Keepsake quilting in NH , our motorcycles out front :0) too funny.

Looks like you are enjoying the sunshine and time away :0)
Happy Vacation

Elisa Black said...

Oh it looks so beautiful there!! You are getting me excited for our upcoming trip to visit my parents next month (in the northeastern Phoenix/Scottsdale area). The sunrises and sunsets are just beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

How wonderful to spend time with Nedra (Oh I wish I could have been there with you both!). Have a wonderful time away. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...