Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Quilt Parade

Hello Everyone,

This is the LAST of my blog posts from Quilt Market, I promise!!  While at Quilt Market, we have the opportunity to walk through the quilt exhibit before Quilt Festival opens and I always love this part.  But this year more than ever.  There were 3 quilts in the exhibits that I actually had quilted!!

They were all in the Modern Quilt Guild exhibit.


This first one I had quilt for a customer of mine who dyes all her own fabric and pieces very modern quilts.


Here is the write up on the quilt.



This one I quilted for my friend Victoria of Bumble Beans.  You can also see this in her NEW book 15 Minutes of Play.




This one was done as a group quilt for the NY Metro Mod Quilters and I was able to quilt this quilt.  I am also a part of this guild.



This was the center of a quilt that just attracted me.  They are little filled "pillows" embellishing the center.  Very cool and it just adds so much depth and dimension to this piece.


This quilt, I just fell in LOVE with... many of you know that I have a special affinity for African fabrics so naturally I was drawn to this quilt.  Just gorgeous!


Here is a close up, she actually did some beading on it too! Love that extra element.


This one was another African beauty.  Separate columns that are reversible made this quilt dimensional.   Just lovely!


My friend Karen Eckmeier of the Quilted Lizard also had this piece in the show.  It is a wonderful rendition of her Happy Villages technique and a modern log cabin.


Here is the center.  A beautiful quilt, Karen!




Then I spied this quilt... a woman had taken a class with my friend Karen, and this was her interpretation of Happy Villages.  Love the elongated quilt!


Victoria participated in this collaborative quilt with five other friends and this was the outcome.  I love it, very whimsical, fun and bright.

Then this next quilt was truly a quilt to behold. 


It won Best of Show and indeed it was.  The funny thing is when my friend Pam and I were walking away from this quilt, I said to her "Wow that is worthy of Best of Show".... who knew I had that kind of insight.

So here are some of the detail shots of this quilt and the description... truly remarkable!





Don't you agree this was worthy of the Best of Show?  

I hope you enjoyed the show and my Quilt Market reports.

Two things before I go...

Don't forget to enter my giveaway going on here.

And today is the last day of my 1st week of our 3rd Anniversary Sale.  All Island Batiks and Artisan Batiks are marked down to $8.25 per yard. Just click here and here to get yours!!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

charlotte said...

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures. Indeed, the best of show is the best of show. Amazing work. I love all the quilts you showed here. The Villages are amazing and the first quilt really speaks to me. So beautiful. Thanks again.

Helen said...

Wow Jacquie! The best of show quilt, how amazing is that?? Love the little houses quilt, whimsical detail, love it!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Mmmmm...these are lovely, aren't they? Thanks for sharing!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wow, Best of Show is deserving and a true work of art and dedication.

Betsy said...

Jackie, these quilts are fabulous!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!
Lovely quilts thanks for sharing them I loved all the market posts. For someone who doesn't get to go it's a mini vacation :0).
So many talented quilters out there, I'm delighted that quilting is such a well loved craft and art form.

Happy Sewing

Snowskier1083 said...

Thank you SO much for sharing these fabulous works of art! I was blown away by the talent exhibited by all of these quiltmakers. The colors, the designs, ALL of it incredible. I was especially moved by the America, Let it Shine quilt. What a tribute, and you could see that it was a work of love. Again, thank you for sharing!

Annik-Snor said...

It was so nice to see all the beautiful quilts. Thanks for inspiring photos.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Thanks for sharing these quilts. They're gorgeous. I saw Let it Shine at MQX East where it also won lots of ribbons which I think included Best of Show. It's just spectacular! Your quilting is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, this sure was a banner year for you - three quilts shown.... you rock! Thanks for showing us.

Teri said...

Yes, it is definitely worthy of Best of Show. I love the theme, and the workmanship is exceptional. A friend that went to the show told me that this quilt was quilted on a home machine in the evening after her 3 young children were in bed.

Aggiequilter said...

Thanks for sharing the photos and yes, Teri you & your friend are correct. The Houston IQF Best of Show winner was COMPLETELY machine quilted on her home machine. No longarm, no other quilter. We saw her Saturday at the show with this mind-blowing quilt!! She also made the entire quilt AND quilted it in 10 months. 10 months ! with 3 small kids, on a domestic machine. A Bernina, I think she said. Awesome quilt and quilter !!

Becky J. said...

the best of show was in town last year at HMQS. it truly is a work of art. so beautiful in person.

www.patchworkposse.com/blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...