Saturday, November 24, 2012

Selecting Fabrics For a New Project

Hello Everyone,

That is right, I have about 1000 projects going all at one time and I just had to add one more.  But, doesn't this ever happen to you?  You see something that sparks an idea and then you can't get your mind off of it, you just keep thinking about it, and thinking, and thinking... until you just give in and start pulling fabrics.

That is what happened to me a few days ago until yesterday when I couldn't take it any more and just started going through fabrics having way too much fun!


I pulled some Kaffe's and some batiks and this is the palette that became the fruits of my labor.  If you have been following me for any time now, you know I adore pinks and greens.  Plus, I threw a few purples in there too for good measure.

Do you like?? I do and can't wait to get started.  Unfortunately, it may not be for a while as I have a few deadlines in front of this project.  So stay tuned!

Also, yesterday I did some work.  I was adding some brand new fabrics to the online shop and look what I had to contend with...


He just couldn't help himself, he wanted some tender loving care and he knows I will give it to him!  I did get a bunch of work done though so all was not lost.

PS.  Don't forget the SALE that is going on in the shop - Everything is 15% off if you use the code  
blackfriday15
but only through midnight on the 26th!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I do like...very much, esp that purple thrown in there, yum. Looks like your laptop was getting a cat scan! xo

Mommarock said...

Very beautiful choices!! Ooooh! You know what would be great, a system where you could hang the fabrics in front of you to oogle over them day after day and peruse your ideas.. that would be GREAT!

Venus de Hilo said...

Hehe... same just happened to me. An idea's been niggling at my mind for weeks, and yesterday I just had to pull and cut some fabrics for it. Many of the same prints you're playing with, in different colorways. Love your choices; have fun with them!

Jane S. said...

I love anything Kaffe, so of course I think those fabrics are great! Pink and green is a wonderful combination and the purple adds a nice little kick.

Your cat is adorable, look how he folds his little paws together! I know I wouldn't be able to resist him either.

Linda said...

Love the color combination! I also have a cat that has to get between me and my project. Love him anyway.

Cathi said...

I had to start a new project late last week too -- the idea had been nagging at me for ages and just had to give in. I love the fabric choices for your new project -- they look beautiful!
Cats and quilts go together - and cats know how to get our attention! ;-)

Glenna in TX said...

Love your studio. So jealous that I don't live close and cannot attend your awesome classes. Congratulations on stepping out there and living your dream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...