Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ready, Set, Sew... A New Studio AND Name

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I spent the day setting up my new studio/classroom.  All the chairs, tables, and waste baskets are in place. Very exciting!

But while I was there all day, I noticed that my friend Susan (who also has a studio in Whiting Mills called The Creative Stitch) calls her studio The Quilter's Classroom.   Oooops! that is what I wanted to call mine, pretty dumb moment for me... so re-think the name I did.... 

Now you can come to...

A Quilter's Gathering Place @ Canton Village Quilt Works!

By the way, you will love Susan's studio too!  She teaches totally different techniques than mine.  So be sure to stop by there during the open house this weekend.

Let's take a peek at what I did yesterday..

View from the class entrance
Great table space for each quilter, one table per quilter!!

View from the rear of the classroom.
Lots of space to move around.


How about these super cool wastebaskets for each quilter!!

Now we need to install the wall to wall design walls.  That's a lot of walls... hehehe!


Outside the classroom, my bulletin board with the schedule so far.  The schedule can be found online by clicking here.  You can begin to register and at some super pricing too!!  Yay!!

I hope to see you on Saturday!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Lesley said...

Congratulations! Wished I lived closer...that classroom would be calling my name! Great space, location, and teacher!

Terrie said...

What a great room, hope to join you some day! Good luck!

Mommarock said...

Yes, those walls could use some bulletin boards for quilt demonstrations during classes. How to do the squares, or for sure quilts!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like an awesome building to be in Jackie - so nice to have a classroom I bet - this is just going to be for your workshops I assume and the "store" is still in your house.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such a terrific new space and super exciting. I know it will be filled. A wonderful place to just sit and sew or learn from a terrific teacher. :o)

Thimbleanna said...

It looks amazing Jackie -- Congratulations! Good Luck with your classes too!

FabricFascination said...

Congratulations, your studio is so exciting!

Nedra said...

Yhe first thing I noticed was all the wonderful design wall space for quilters. And I like your new name!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your classroom space looks fabulous! I wish you much success in filling every class! Teaching is so rewarding. Otherwise I wouldn't have stuck with it for 37 years.

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Hi Jackie,
Your studio set-up looks great. I know you are very busy getting ready for the big day on Saturday but if you can, would you please check the email I sent you. I tried to order your Farmington class and ran into a problem/question I need you to answer before I complete purchasing it online. Thanks in advance for your help and good luck this weekend.
-debby
crowefan0517@yahoo.com

Barbara O. said...

These chrevron bins are too cute!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! And Exciting. :D Just imagine how awesome it will be with people and projects infusing their colors up and down the design walls!

Lynette said...

hmm - not sure how that anonymous got there - I'm not hiding. ;D

Nifty Quilts said...

You've thought of everything--comfortable chairs, big design walls, COOL wastebaskets. It's generous and wonderful of you. Ooh, I wish I lived closer.

Cathi said...

What an amazing space you're making available for quilters! So inviting with lots of room, comfortable chairs and cute wastebaskets! I too wish I lived closer!

Queenie Believe said...

How totally exciting!!! Congratulations!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

denise said...

Congratulations and good luck on your new venture! Wish I could make it to your classes and quilt-ins. They sure look like a lot of fun!

Teresa said...

OH, I can just hear the laughter and chatter of quilters working and sharing and gathering in your new space. Think of all the creativity that will be fostered and encouraged here. I wish you much success and hope that someday I can come and take one of your classes!

Jackie said...

What a great space, Congratulations.

CathyK said...

Congratulations! I sure wish I lived closer. There are going to be some lucky quilters taking classes at your new gathering place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...