Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My New Digs

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited to begin a NEW aspect of my business and you are ALL invited!!  As many of you know I am a Certified Judy Niemeyer Instructor and teach her paper piecing methods in addition to teaching other quilting classes.

But because I run my business out of my house and ship fabric all over the world from there, my home can't accommodate classes and I travel... I will continue to travel and the fabric part of my business will remain in the house.  For those who are more local, you will now have a place where you can come and sew and learn.

Let me introduce you to
  The Quilter's Classroom @ Canton Village Quilt Works



This will be my new home away from home.  Over the next few weeks, I will be transforming this wonderful place into a quilting classroom.  I love it... it is rustic, charming and full of character.

It is located in an historic building in Winsted, CT called Whiting Mills. I will be amongst many other artists that include photographers, painters, potters, woodworkers, fiber artists, and quilters!  Here is an artist rendering from years ago.  It is the brick building.


Here is the inside of my classroom...



The walls will have continuous design walls from the front of the room to the back on both sides!!! 

Tables are being delivered on Wednesday and I have 4 of the chairs assembled, the remainder will be done on Wednesday....



Comfy height adjustable chairs for some good quilting time!  Love the wood floors in here!

If you would like to come and see me and this space, you can come this weekend!!


I will be there!!  I will also be posting a class schedule soon and you can register online.  There will be open sew times on the calendar as well.  So if you just want to come and sit and sew or work on a charity project you can!  Cool!!

Here is a link to Whiting Mills.  


Look someone is in my classroom already... she is as excited as I am!!

Hope to see you this weekend!  Keep checking back for my schedule!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

39 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

looks like a wonderful work space. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Best of luck on your new adventure

Jodi said...

It looks fabulous! Some day I will have to take a nice day trip to check it out! (from RI)

My Life In Quilts said...

It sounds wonderful and I just looked up the distance to your shop from my home. It is around 280 miles! That is not too bad really. I've done more driving than that in one day driving to Ellsworth, Maine and back. I might drop in on your sometimes. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I luv your new sewing room.
I so wish I could be there too, but, unfortunately I live on the other side of the world....lol
I hope it all goes well for you.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Super duper exciting and what a wonderful new space for you.

Michele said...

Very cool and congratulations! I hope to see it in person some day.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh Jackie, this looks amazing, what an inspirational place in which to teach, and learn! It is so lovely seeing your business change and grow. xo

Barb said...

That is soooooooooooooooooo exciting!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations Jackie! I am so happy for you & would love to visit if I were closer :*) I will however enjoy being in touch as you share through your blog!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations!!! How awesome!! Wish it was a closer drive for me; I think it's just over an hour for me to get to Winsted. Super cool for you!

Dana Gaffney said...

Jackie, it looks wonderful, congratulations. I would love to come to the open house, too far, but it looks like such a good time.

Nedra said...

How wonderful! Looks like such a terrific space. And how I wish I lived closer to join you!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Now THIS is exciting! What a perfect venue! How cool! Best wishes on your new venture!

PatSloan said...

How Exciting Jackie!! This looks like such a beautiful space.. can't wait to see how you transform it!

Vicki W said...

What a fabulous space! I am so excited for you!

antique quilter said...

so excited for you , what a beautiful location, love old buildings like this. Just looked it up 2.5 hrs away
not bad! Congrats!!!!
Kathie

Anya said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Jackie! Looks wonderful -- wished I lived closer!

Nifty Quilts said...

How exciting!!! It's so cozy and inviting. I would LOVE to sew there. Congratulations!!

badlandsquilts said...

Congratulations Jackie! Looks fabulous!

Cathi said...

Congratulations, Jackie! What a wonderful space to sew in!

Ellie Q said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! Now if only it was closer to Michigan... :)
Can't wait to see the completed space and hear about all the fun you'll have there.

Jean said...

I am excited for you! Looks like an awesome place with great lighting.

Poppyprint said...

OMG, that is a dream of mine!!! All the best with your new space. It's beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations!! This sounds so exciting. I wish you all the best.

Elisa Black said...

Congratulations on your new space, Jackie!! How exciting!! You have so many amazing things going on with your quilting right now. I look forward to seeing your upcoming schedule-- perhaps I'll bring my Total Eclipse quilt to one of your Open Sew classes so I can start working on it again (I haven't been doing any sewing for months now). Best of luck with your new venture(s)! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and enjoy the holiday season!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

WAHOO!!! This is great news!!! Congrats Jackie!!! I'll be right over! ;-)

Jean(ie) said...

This is VERY exciting! Yippee for you!!!!! Thank you so much fro sharing this with us so we can be excited too!

Venus de Hilo said...

How exciting, Jackie! Wish I were near enough to come over and sew with you...

Anonymous said...

this is great- right in my backyard

Salley said...

What a superb space! What a shame Connecticut is about 25 hours away . . . I'd be there in a flash otherwise. :)

♥Duff said...

congratulations! Best wishes on this new endeavor!!

CathyK said...

Congratulations! What an exciting new chapter in your quilting life!

Patchworksmiley said...

lovely Jackie,
those floors give a real warm crafty feel to the room, can't wait to see more photos as classes start & quilts go up on the walls.....has anyone pointed out to you that the 3rd chair has the back support on upside down?
wish I could come to class, I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity of trained instructors in Australia from next year, I have so fallen in love with Judy's Glacier Star

Miss Jean said...

Congratulations! I just wish it wasn't so far away from Colorado. It would certainly be my new "go to hangout" place!

Catherine said...

How exciting is that??? So excited for you! I would love to come for the weekend, but it is kind of a long commute for me......

Johanna said...

So exciting! Not too far from me! Now, if I could find some time....

Unknown said...

Congrats on this new venture! All the best for your continued success. KEEP GOING!

PamKittyMorning said...

Congratulations! !

Shelly said...

Jackie, this is absolutely fabulous! I haven't had time to check in with you since Market (moving and all) but I'm so excited for you about your news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...