Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Workshops Added

Hello Everyone,

If you were following my quilting retreat posts then you may have already seen the quilts that I am about to show.  But these quilts are special, because they are now part of my teaching portfolio!!

First up...



Stepping Stones.  This pattern is a Judy Niemeyer paper pieced pattern where you use 2.5 inch strips of your own or pre-cut jelly rolls.  I used a combo... I used 2 of Kaffe Fassett 2.5 inch Design Rolls and then chose some of his Aboriginal Dots and his Spots from the yardage in the shop.  The black sashing was an Artisan Batik that I chose from the shop as well.

This pattern is a great beginner pattern for paper piecing.

All of these were combined to created this gorgeous, stained glass look.  You can find all the fabrics here and here.  The pattern can be found here.

Next up...


Cactus Flower Table Runner.  This quilt really only took me about a day and a little to cut and create.  It was quick and easy with a terrific result.  I used all batiks and specifically kitted this color-way and it is available in the shop here and the stand alone pattern here.

If you want to learn curved piecing and making New York Beauties, this is a great one to start with as it is a smaller project.

Next up... 


Which Way is North?  This is also a Judy Niemeyer paper pieced pattern.  This one began as part of the Two's Company Bee.  I sent out to each of my bee members 4 foundation units and the background Kaffe Aboriginal Dot.  They just had to add their own red to the units.  You can see many of them in the photo.  I had to make many more for the border and the interior.  I used mainly Kaffe Fassett fabrics and Australian Aboriginals.  

The fabrics and the pattern can be found here, here, and here.

And I have a bit of an announcement...


I am on the faculty of the New England Quilt Festival (formerly known as MQX, Machine Quilter's Exposition East)!!

I will be teaching two Paper Piecing classes and also giving a lecture.  If you are going to attend and would like to take a class with me, registration opens on December 3.  Just click here to see who else is on the faculty!

Also, you can click here to see the other workshops that I offer and here to see my schedule (see if I am in your area).  If you would like me to come to your guild or shop, drop me a line, I would love to come!!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- I LOVE that Stepping Stones quilt Jackie. It's beautiful and your fabric choices are spectacular!

Michele said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. I'm sure you are over the moon excited about it. I'd like to make it to that show next year. I'm seriously thinking about getting a long arm machine. Any suggestions about which workshops/lectures would be best as complete newby would be greatly appreciated.

Abby and Stephanie said...

"I get around" by the Beach Boys comes to mind. :o) You've launched an exciting new phase of your business and students will be lucky to have you as a teacher.

Teresa said...

Very nice quilts you have in your portfolio! I looked at your workshop list and don't see you in the South, but someday my hubby and I plan to visit the New England states, and I will be trying to book one of your workshops then. I would love to take that Mariner's Compass class.

Pat Sloan said...

oh my that Stepping Stones would look great in my new Fabric line!! I have a batik that could border it which is kind of tie dye with cherries!!! love your quilt!!
pat sloan http://blog.patsloan.com

Jacquelynne Steves said...

Oh I am a sucker for red quilts! :)

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for the information.

Cathi said...

They're all fabulous, but I'm really taken by the Stepping Stones quilt! That is a real beauty!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Such great news--congratulations ! I'm glad you will be in my neck of the woods and am excited I might be able to take one of your classes !

Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...