Thursday, January 24, 2013

Swatches....Choose Your Colors!

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I was in New York again, but this time teaching the Glacier Star Technique of the Month to my sister in law's quilt guild.

One of the things that always strikes me is everyone's color selections.  I decided to take photos of everyone's color swatches.  I can't wait to see how these grow into the quilt!  Let's take a peek at how people are starting out...


A Christmas palette.


Cool Caribbean palette.


A very sophisticated palette.


A Sedona like palette.


Bright and bold!!


Desert palette.


Jewel tone palette.


More Jewels!


Another desert palette.


Drawing the "reference" marks on the first paper.


A New York Beauty.


Everyone working hard.


Pat's Christmas New York Beauty!


Debby's sophisticated New York Beauty.


My SIL's New York Beauty blocks... 2 down 6 to go!!

It was a great day with fantastic ladies!!

If you are interested in taking this class with me, there is one opening left in my class at Whiting Mills in CT!!  Click here to see the details and to register.  Hope to see you there!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

That one in the middle "Desert palette" looks like she is using one fabric for multiple units - am I reading that right?

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I have signed up to do this at my LQS and picked my fabrics last week and am looking forward to it. I posted my selections over on my blog

ria vogelzang said...

So great to see everyones colour choices!
Love all of them!
Enjoy your class!
Love from the Netherlands.
Ria.

Karen said...

I know you are having a ball!!

mtnquiltr said...

I find choosing fabric very hard, so I'm interested in everyone's choices. I'm hoping to see more pix of how they look further on! I'm drawn to Debby's fabrics.

Nedra said...

Looks like you ladies had a lot of fun! and it's nice to see pictures of your sister. I can see the family resemblance!

quiltma said...

I wish I lived closer. I would love to take your class. I love the layout for picking your fabrics. I wish all patterns even the small ones would give you this.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Looks like so much fun! You must be an amazing teacher Jackie!

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

I had a great time yesterday Jackie. I'm already looking forward to next month:)

Michele said...

Very cool. At some point I'm going to join one of those classes at one of the NY guilds. I can't wait to see them all finished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...