Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wind It Up Wednesday Wrap Up

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was Wind It Up Wednesday in the studio!  A fun day of socializing and sewing all day.  Here is what was in progress during the day....



I first worked on applying the binding to my Summer Solstice quilt.  I used the same fabric as I had in the inner border and am glad I did.  I was struggling with what fabric I wanted to use.  Now to hand sew it down.


Donna brought a little show and tell.  Her 5 year old granddaughter made this little piece of patchwork and wanted her grandmother to show it off today!  Great job, a new quilter in the making!!


Remember last time Leslie was working on this quilt?  Well she finished this one and...


A second one too!  I just love how they turned out, gorgeous!!


I then began paper piecing my Sunflower Illusions.  Here they are all neatly stacked and ready to go!!


Leslie brought this little show and tell, very appropriate for Valentine's Day!!


Roberta was working on a Double Irish Chain baby quilt.


Where is Nancy??? She is working on her prep work for the class I am teaching on Sunday... Cactus Flower Table Runner.  You can see some of her fabric on the chair.


Sarah was working on the quilt behind her.  Love the block!  

Notice the DESIGN WALLS are in USE!!! Yay!!


Donna was working on Fresh Palette.  This was my design that was featured in Quilt Magazine.  She had purchased the kit.  It is looking great!


You can see us all working and see the design walls in use.


Her is the other side of the room.


Karen was working on this beauty, and...


this one too!  Do you think that Karen matches her quilts or the quilts match her??


Lorraine was working on this Kaffe Fassett beauty!! I kept threatening that it may just end up in my bag.  I am totally smitten with this quilt.


Whoa baby... Barbara was working on this beauty!  Don't you just love this too!  Such talent in this room!


My friend, Eileen, who I haven't seen in months, came today and I was sooooo happy.  She brought some hand sewing and worked on yo-yos.  Cute!


More paper piecing from me!


Here is what I was able to complete today.  I love them, love them, love them!!  But then again pink is such a favorite color of mine!


Close up... nice sharp points to die for....

I hope you enjoyed! It was a fun day with talented, delightful company.

 If you would like to attend one of these days in my studio, the schedule is now up on my website.  There are three dates in February for a Wind It Up Wednesday, Finish It Up Friday, and Sit and Sew Saturday.  

You have to register online to reserve your seat... they are limited.  

Click here for more information.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Ellie Q said...

So fun to see everything in progress! Makes me feel almost like I was there! And every time I see your quilt, Jackie, I love it more and more. The colors! I also really love that Kaffe Fassett quilt!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

These quilts are wonderful, Jackie! What a fun way to spend a day. Wish I was closer!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so much bright colors - those design walls are wonderful - what a great addition to the studio - wish I could come play

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such a wonderful space and who wouldn't love a day sewing with such talented ladies.

Jean(ie) said...

Jackie, I am so happy that you've opened up a studio. being around these super-creative women has got to be pure heaven for the creative mojo! I mean who can't help but be inspired by all this fabric laden beauty and fun! You are so blessed. Sew blessed!

Kathy said...

Love all the creating that's going on in your open studio by those wonderful women. Let Lorraine know that I too am smitten with her quilt and would love to have it in my home!

Elaine said...

I am going to a "Beauty and Check" class on Tuesday and was struggling with fabric choices-well-no more! Love the purple with the black and white! I am on a break at work-you just made me want to go home and quilt:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...