Thursday, January 17, 2013

YAY!! I Am Quilting My Own Quilt!

Hello Everyone,

Remember a few blog posts ago, I said I wanted to start quilting my own quilts in 2013?  Well, I started yesterday.  After 12 years of customer quilts... I am now focusing on my own.  Believe me, I have a TON of unfinished quilt tops that need quilting.  A good guess would be around 30 tops or so.


The first top to grace the long arm is my Summer Solstice quilt.  This is the one that I am affectionately referring to as "I Am NOT Afraid of color".  It is a Judy Niemeyer pattern and all paper pieced.  

I will be teaching this class in April in Sturbridge, MA.  You can find out the details by clicking here for my schedule.


Some beads and feathers.  So far, I am using all variegated thread and loving it immensely.


The variegated thread that I am using in the green area is called Citrus Cooler, that is the color.


Since I am just starting this quilt, I haven't even rolled it yet, but hopefully it moves along pretty quickly.  I can't wait to finish it up.  

I am using Quilter's Dream Wool batting in this one for something a little different.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I really like the way the variegated thread looks with this quilt. I love Dream Wool. I use it often.

Vicki W said...

Good for you! You deserve some "me" time! I love the thread choices, especially the citrus cooler.

Thearica said...

That is going to be gorgeous! And look at that thread wall!!!

Karen said...

So happy for you. Look at your thread!! This ia going to be a great year :).

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful quilt, perfect with the varigated thread! I spotted your thread behind the machine, what a pretty piece of art, do you have a brand preference?

Annik-Snor said...

Beautiful colours

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow, what a stunning quilt!!

InGa said...

Looks just beautiful.Waiting to see the finished result.
regards from a snowy Skåne.

Nifty Quilts said...

You do the most wonderful quilting! I never would have guessed you had so many "flimsies." Now I don't feel so bad.

Jean(ie) said...

Jackie, this is my favorite quilt of yours. And that quilting is just beautiful! Yay for quilting your own!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's so lovely.

Venus de Hilo said...

Love those free-motion flame stitches! Envying your long-arm, too.

PatSloan said...

I love your work Jackie!!! Those spikes are awesome!! Thank you for joining my Show and Tell link party today!

Ali said...

Looks like its going to turn out beautifully! You make renting space on a long arm a bit more tempting for me today!

the running chicken quilting said...

It's such fun to play on a longarm! It's still lots of customer quilts for me right now! Love your quilt. Best wishes from a snowy UK

mascanlon said...

Quilt is so yummy ! I need to get some backs put together today and send things off, I want quilts not tops too!

Nedra said...

Beautiful stitching! I'm so happy that you get to focus a little on your own quilts, now. 30 is a lot to be waiting!

Days and colors said...

It is a gorgeous quilt, and it's yours!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Good for you Jackie! It will be fun to see all your quilts being quilted. Love all the thread on the wall too!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

This is one of my favorites of yours Jackie, and with the quilting you are doing it's going to be outstanding!!! So nice you now have time to quilt some of your beautiful creations. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...