Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quilt Retreat ~ Day 1 At The Strong House Inn

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was arrival day at the quilt retreat that I am teaching at in the Strong House Inn in Vermont.

First, I must say that I am in LOVE with this inn... it is not only gorgeous, it is HUGE and the owners are the friendliest people... oh and the best cooks too!!


Here the quilter's are arriving from all over to set up... we have quilter's from Canada, NY, RI, and VT!


Yesterday was a more get to know you kind of day, with a little instruction.  Mary, the owner, served some appetizers prior to dinner.


She made ALL of us quilter's feel right at home.  


A fabulous dinner of Coq Au Vin was served and very delicious.


Here is the quilting crew getting ready to eat a wonderful pear salad.


Who can resist dessert?


This is our menu for the weekend!  I think I will need to be rolled out of here.  YUM!


Where we will eat breakfast.


My room... I love it!  


A view from the other side.

I am excited to start teaching tomorrow.  It is full steam ahead, stay tuned to watch the beautiful quilts progress.

If you want to find out more about the quilting retreats that Mary hosts at the Strong House Inn, just click here to go to their website and click here to "like" them on Facebook.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Kim said...

Now that looks like the perfect weekend! Enjoy! Those quilters are in for a big treat once you get teaching :0).

Happy Sewing

Char said...

Wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase. Everything looks marvelous. Enjoy yourself!

Nedra said...

Looks like such a fun retreat. What luxury! Have a wonderful time.

Aliceart said...

Jackie, this looks like so much fun. I'm dreaming I'm there with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...