Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Sound Day... and A Winner!

Hello Everyone

I know that I haven't had much quilty stuff on lately, but I can guarantee that I am doing quilty things everyday. Although on Sunday, my friend Pam and her hubby invited us to their boat for a little sailing on the Long Island Sound. So I thought I would share our most gorgeous summer day with you. These are some of the things that we saw on our little cruise.


A beautiful light house on the shore of Connecticut.


My hubby and our fearless Captain Chris.


Beautiful "cottages" on the Connecticut shoreline.


All sails were up and we were cruising on a beautifully sunny day.


Isn't this a great light house? I have never seen one like this before!


My daughter, myself, and my hubs.


My friend and fellow quilter, Pam and her wonderful sidekick, Maddie.


Guess who lives here? The inventor of the Segway! You probably heard the story of him going off a cliff on a Segway and not surviving. Well, it wasn't the inventor, it was the owner of the company that went off the cliff.


Captain Chris informed us that this is a lottery boat. When I asked what that meant, he said that is what people buy when they win the lottery.... LOL!! It was BIG too!


Aren't these houses cute? Pam and I were planning which ones to purchase and then we would live next to one another and quilt all the time!


We thought this was a neat house, almost igloo like.


I just had to take a photo of this. Don't you wonder what goes on there?


So yes, it was a long day and Maddie was all tuckered out from the sun and fun.


But I couldn't leave without showing you this boat. Hmmm... sometimes you just have to wonder.

Oh, now for the winner of the Kona Fat Quarter Bundle....

There were 158 entries and #40 was the winner! Congratulations goes to


I have sent you an e-mail, just get your address to me and they will be whisked away into your hands really soon.


Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

27 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous day. I'd love a little island with cute little cottages filled with my favorite quilting friends.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Great pictures,looks like a fun day with friends!

*karendianne. said...

What a great post for the morning over coffee! Thanks for sharing your really relaxing day.

The Calico Cat said...

We were on the long island sound on the 4th of July. My FIL moors his sail boat in Stamford. Ct.

Nedra said...

What a beautiful day. I'll take the third house on the right. I'd love to be neighbors and quilt with you!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day, I haven't been on the sound in years.

Debbie

Barb said...

Congrats to the winner....loved all of the pictures.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful day with us. I loved all the photos and I drooled over those gorgeous cottages. Wow!!! I especially loved the photos of the tuckered out Maddie (what a cutie), and the lovely boat with that great name "Breakin Wind"...so funny and yet, so appropriate, LOLOL. Hugs...

Jean said...

What a gorgeous boat trip you took, I love being on the water! I see there are plenty of little homes for you and all your friends! Wouldn't that be wonderful!
Congrats to Mommarock!

Donna~~ said...

Thanks for taking us on your trip--those cottages are fabulous! Love that "igloo" one!

Anonymous said...

Jackie - that's the New London Lighthouse at the mouth of the Thames River. Years ago, when Em had his boat, we'd sail around it often. And those houses are all amazing. Looks like you had a great time!!!
Justine

FabricandFlowers said...

Lovely pictures. So serene. If you guys buy one of those houses, pick up one for me too. I'd be a good neighbor in a house like that!

Tina Craig said...

Lovely photos, Jackie! I recognized Ledge Light off New London, too. We lived in NL for a short time as newlyweds.

Char said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. They reminded me of many happy days on the Chesapeake.

Victoria said...

Spectacular! Love the wonderful architectural finds, and anything dealing with water and a beautiful coastal view is my idea of a slice of Heaven!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Haven't been to the "Lawng" Island Sound in years...loved the pics!!! TFS

Dana Gaffney said...

That looks like a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.

Patty said...

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

Your post just made my day! I grew up and spent most of my life in CT mainly in the New London area. I usually visit once a year in Feb. but couldn't make it this year and I haven't seen the shore in summer,or sailed the sound for many years! I reconize every one of your photos locations except the igloo house. In my youth I probably spent more time on Long Island Sound than I did on dry land. Thank you so much for sharing you day with us.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Ledge Light lighthouse. You could see it from the Pfizer offices in New London. Well, now the facility is owned by Electric Boat.

Stacey said...

Thanks for the pictures, what a glorious day!

Nifty Quilts said...

Thanks! It's fun to see this part of the world. Can I come live next door too?

Cathi said...

What a fabulous day you had! Those pictures are just so wonderful -- thanks for sharing them!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a beautiful time you had. You are right...that does make you wonder. :)

Kim said...

Love your big smile.....looks like you are having a ball!
Oh get a big house so we can have a quilting retreat at your place on the sound!

Happy sewing

Cardygirl said...

What a beautiful day you had. Love those houses!

Heather * RETRO-Fabulous said...

What gorgeous photos! Has me thinking of the incredible RK Kona 'My blue Heaven' FQ bundle! BTW, love your "cottage" comment LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...