Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paper Piecing Class

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday marked the first session of a Judy Niemeyer Paper Piecing Class that I am teaching here in CT.  The pattern we are making is Total Eclipse and can be found here.  We had a good time and I wanted to share with you!

Everyone came prepared with some of the pre-class prep work...


Barbara S. came prepared with a color layout of how she envisions her final quilt to look.  We will compare when the "real" quilt is done.


Rita has some pretty batiks... love the chartreuse background!


Elisa (a blogging friend) is preparing her pieces. Most likely you can read more about the class on her blog by clicking here.


Sharon is lining up her pieces in the color order that she envisions.  Nice and bright!


Kathy is doing a wonderful fall like version.  Love the spike colors!


Maria completed 4 of Unit H.  You can see that she created a "star" in the center.


Love Joan's cool blues.


Elisa's is coming along... she is using a combo of Kaffe Fassett and Australian Aboriginals.


Sharon's is progressing... lots of her batiks can be found here.


Kathy's fall version is turning out well!


Barbara (another blogging friend) is also using bright batiks!



Sally (who is also another blogging friend) was there, but somehow I didn't get any photos of her block in progress.  So I swiped this from her blog post (hope that is okay, Sally). They were completed when she returned home.  She has some wonderful bright batiks!

All in all a very productive day, a bit of homework for everyone. I can't wait to see what they come back with next week.  Soon they will look like this...


Find the pattern in my shop by clicking here.

In the meantime, don't forget to enter my Fat Quarter Giveaway going on now by clicking here!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Beautiful work! I must do more paper piecing. The result is just so stunning.

Karen M said...

They are all gorgeous. I wish I lived close enough to take your class.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lots of spikey goodness. I'm sure it was a class not only filled with fun but obvious great instruction from a terrific teacher.

beaquilter said...

those are AWESOME!

Elisa Black said...

Good morning, Jackie!! The class was so much fun yesterday-- a wonderful teacher and a wonderful group of people. Your photos are great!! I love to see everyone's different fabric selections (although, personally I think mine are the best and they came from a good source-- tee hee!). I'm anxious to get working on my homework-- getting ready to set up now! Can't wait til next week!

Nedra said...

It would be so fun to take a class from you! Don't you love to see how the same quilt turns out in various colors?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like how you have pieces all cut a certain size to start with - maybe I need to do that with my scrappy pineapple blocks - I guess you just have to measure what you actually need and then add a little extra onto it so you have enough - I am paper piecing them - when I get back to it that it.
Karen

Deanna said...

Continue posting from the class - I'm going to try to make one at home while following you - I always wanted to try one of Judy Niemeyer Quilting patterns but was afraid to start - this has given me incentive!!

Jan said...

I just got this pattern and Judy's new one, Bali Fever. I have cut the patterns apart and in their bags. Now on to cutting the fabric for both patterns. That way I can work on which ever one strikes my fancy at the time. Will get an opportunity to take a class from Judy end of March/start of April. So excited! I love the pics from everyone taking your class - looking good everyone!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Each one of your students is putting together something FABULOUS. What beautiful versions...each unique...of your pattern. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

Thank you Jackie for being such an excellent teacher! I've always wanted to make a Judy Niemeyer quilt but would get so confused just looking at the pattern. You helped it all make sense and I look forward to the next class. Also, what a great group of women to be taking the class with, everyone is wonderful.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I forgot you were teaching this weekend. And so close to my Mom's house too! She lives right around the corner from Close to Home in Southington. Everything looks great!

Venus de Hilo said...

This pattern is in my "inspiration" folder. Love seeing student works in progress. So many wonderful colors and fabrics.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That looks like so much fun Jackie - and those students sure have a great teacher.

Cardygirl said...

Great pattern!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a really fun class. I think the cool thing about teaching (aside from meeting so many people) would be seeing all the different versions of the same thing. Sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...