Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lilac, Lavender... Purple!


Hello Everyone,

No matter which term you use to describe the color, it is definitely a shade of purple.  That is what I am working with now.  I am using a Bali Pop from my shop.  Hey, that rhymes!


I am creating little coin sections.


They are going from light to dark.


Cute aren't they?  It is for a little project that will be revealed in a few months.


But I normally don't work with just one color family, but I loved these and it fit the project quite nicely.  Plus with batiks there is always that variation in color that makes them so interesting.  It gives the quilt more of a scrappy look.  don't you think?

Anyway, more on this project at a later date.  Don't forget that the Blogger's BOM is coming up this month and my friend John from Quilt Dad is the designer.  Just wait until you see this block!

Until Next Time...



Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Mmm those Bali batiks are just lovely!

Nedra said...

Beautiful batiks, and looking forward to seeing the next BOM from Quilt Dad.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those purples!
Karen

Editfolt said...

beautiful colors. I love purple.

Carrie P. said...

Very pretty purples.
can't wait for the next block.

Richard Healey said...

I have to say I love purple. I was looking for colors for a lap blanket for my self and with my wife help came home with gray and black. She told me Purple was not manly enough. Oh well going to buy some purple any way and make my wife a purple quilt (lol she hates purple) but she is not a man?

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Janet said...

Batiks are so rich looking and your purples look great together.

Cathi said...

Those batiks are gorgeous!!! Love 'em.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...