Sunday, January 22, 2012

The LeMoyne Star Made Easy

Hello Everyone,

A little while ago, my friend Deb Tucker asked me if I wanted to "test drive" her newest ruler for her.  Of course, I jumped at the chance!  Unfortunately, I haven't posted this until now.  I tested it for her last year in April and she introduced her LeMoyne Star Ruler at Quilt Market in May 2011!  I do carry them in the shop, just click here.  

Now to show you the magic of of this somewhat difficult block and how nicely it comes together.


This first photo shows how little waste there actually is when you are done squaring up the block.


You can see how nicely the points all come together.  


Here is the completed block all trimmed.  All the points come together without having to set any seams in at all.  This block is all strip pieced!


You can see just a wee bit of trimming and you have that perfect quarter inch from the edge of the block.  No worries about losing the point of the star.


The back even looks pretty.  The nice thing about Deb's patterns is that her instructions are some of the best in the business. The graphics and explanations are impeccable.  No stone left unturned.  She tells you how to make this block in many different sizes and how to press the seams all along the way so that these points always match.




I don't think that I would make this block any other way.  So far, I have made two different sizes and am using my scraps to make a yellow and red quilt.  All Kaffe Fassett too!


This is the fabulous ruler, comes complete with instructions!  If you ever wanted to try this block, this is definitely the way to go, just click here.

Don't forget tomorrow is the last day to enter my Kaffe Fassett Spot Giveaway!  Just click here for all the details.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

22 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love your fabrics. I've always thought this was a complicated block so have avoided it. I am thankful for smart quilters who invent easy ways to do things. :o)

Julie Bagamary said...

Impressive.

Nedra said...

Looks like a must have ruler!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Very pretty! It makes such a beautiful block!!

fiberchick said...

Thank you for introducing us to this neat tool!

Barb said...

Nice! Way faster than the paper piecing I'm currently doing.
I'll have to look for that ruler at the upcoming quilt shows.
go giants!!

Jean(ie) said...

Wow, that does seem to make it look much easier... I like your fabric choices, too! so cheery and fun... made me smile.

Richard Healey said...

I do like that star. I have lots of projects on the table but will keep that in mind. I am not yet willing to hand sew but want to do some nifty things and this might be something i can give a try.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I bought this ruler as a Christmas present to myself. Love it.

2ne said...

Nice block you have made :-)

amy smart said...

That is so cool! I have always loved that block, but have feared the set seams. I love smart people who figure out cool tricks!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Adding this ruler to my wish list. Thanks, Jackie!!

Poppyprint said...

Oh, you used the most fabulous colour/print combos for your block. It's gorgeous! Thanks for introducing this ruler - I had not heard of it before.

Barb said...

The back looks as good as the front...I love it!!

Elisa Black said...

Thanks for postig this, jackie! I just saw a wonderful block (Arkansas Traveller) but it had all diamond shapes and I thought I'm not ready for that yet-- but when Ido decide I'm ready, then I will have to purchase that ruler. Putting it on my list!! Hope you had a good time in Utah!

Thimbleanna said...

What a pretty block Jackie. That ruler looks very cool - thanks for sharing the info!

Anne said...

Always enjoy visiting your blog. I just might have to invest in some of these quilt rulers of varying types. Thanks for sharing.

pat sloan said...

I've only done one Lemoyne start.. I think I need another.. great tips!

Kim said...

Oh boy tomorrow we get our new BOM.....I thought it was today so I came by for a look see. You pick the best fabrics Jackie!

Happy Sewing

Oops-Lah said...

Love it! Of course how can you go wrong with those yummy fabrics?

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Beautiful fabrics...love the block! TFS
~Terry~

Retrogirl said...

this is such a fun block to make...I'd love to whip them up a little quicker! Thanks for the info, Jackie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...