Friday, July 9, 2010

Tuesday Fun!

Hello Everyone,

Tuesday was such a fun day here at my house!! I hosted a bunch of great quilting buddies for lunch. Even though it was hot, hot, hot outside, we were all cool inside enjoying each other's company.

You may recognize this little block below. It is an Asterisk block made by the one and only Karen Griska. You know the Selvage Quilter. You heard her recently on my Podcasts. Well she was one of my guests and I have to say she is just incredibly talented.



She is doing an Asterisk quilt along on her blog.


Look at this cute little Asterisk quilt top that she made. Bright, cheerful and cute!


And of course, her signature style, a cute little selvage house.


But here is the Asterisk quilt that began it all. It is so beautiful in person.


One of my other guests was none other than the fun Victoria from Bumble Beans, Inc. Here she is showing one of her BASICS quilt tops. The blocks were given to her from Shelly of Shelly Quilts. Really nice top! Victoria is so nice and it was good to finally meet her.

One of the reasons Victoria came to my little corner of the world was to pick up quilts that I quilted for BASICS! Yes, she went home with 20 quilts. 18 of them I quilted for her. It feels really good to be involved in such a wonderful project.



Here is a beautiful quilt top that she and Shelly are working on together as a round robin. All nice bright batiks.


Here is the whole crew from left to right...
Maria (donated a completed quilt to V), Pam (finished quilting 2 tops), Victoria, Me, and Karen.

Thank you all for coming to my home! I so enjoyed all your company an hope to do it again real soon.

Since Tuesday, I have been busy cutting new Fat Quarter Bundles for the shop. They will be online by the end of the week!! So don't forget to take a peek.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A very generous and talented group of ladies. I just love the asterisk block...especially with the selvedges.

Anya said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the quilts!

Rumi said...

Must have been a very fun visit. Lovely quilts!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like lots of fun Jackie - quilt get-togethers are the best!

alobsiger said...

What fun! Looks like you ladies had a wonderful time together!

Unknown said...

Such a great way to spend a day, and it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.

Vickie E said...

I'm jealous! I want to come to your house ;)
that asterisk quilt is cool. put that on my list of 1000 quilts to make :o

Fleurette said...

Beautiful quilts! lovely fun day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that asterik quilt, so pretty.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Carla said...

It's wonderful to be around such amazing talent.

Yuki said...

Don't you just love quilting with friends.

ttfn :) Yuki

Rafael's Mum said...

Ooooh, look at that teeny weeny cutsie pie asterisk quilt! Love !!

Dionne said...

Fabulous pics, great quilts. How did I not put two and two together when she said Jackie did her quilts that it was YOU~! Must have needed more caffeine that day. Also, I find it amazing that I didn't know you have a podcast. Always looking for more 'casts to listen to!
Cheers,
Dionne

Diane J. Evans said...

You must consider yourself so lucky to have such a great group of talented people sharing their expertise with each other -- what fun!

Diane

pratima said...

Each and every quilt is utterly gorgeous... what a fun day brimming with so much creativity :)

Janet said...

You must have had a great time. When I look at one asterix block, I'm not that fussed but when you see the quilts and projects, they look fantastic.

grendelskin said...

Looks like a terrific visit! I should have known Karen would make a selvage asterisk or two, she's been experimenting with the block. Kudos to you for quilting all of those Basics quilts, that's quite a feat!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Jackie! thanks for a lovely day! I was sorry I had to bail out to go back home!! Lovely lovely day, and a HUGE thank you for all the quilting!!! I am trying very hard to whip through all the bindings... ;-)
come on over and play. ;-)

a great bunch of ladies!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love that asterisk block...very fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...