Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Friendly Visitor...

Hello Everyone,

On Friday, I had an unexpected visit from a friend of mine, Kathy Echter!! Kathy and I met while we were both in Kansas about two years ago attending a Statler Stitcher Users Group meeting. In English, that is a Gammill Long Arm Quilter's meeting.

Anyway, she and her husband Jim were both out for the meeting and we instantly became friends. Being a fellow quilter and just super nice people were just an added plus.


Yes, that is my long arm and my thread wall. I love them both!

Kathy was in CT because her daughter is working in New Haven. I was so glad she called and came to visit. Jim was not with her. I missed you Jim! Anyway, Kathy is also a long arm quilter and you can visit her on her blog here. She does a really great job, please tell her I said hello.

Kathy came bearing gifts for me. Shocked, I was, but she knows me. Look what she brought...


A cool cordless scissors, in HOT Pink (my favorite color), to cut batting and fabric!! How cool is this? Thank you so much, Kathy!

Jim is also a crafty one. He does custom woodturning and drop spindles. Very talented couple! You can check out his website here, just beautiful!

But that is not all, look what Jim sent along for me...


A custom made wooden needle threader! I absolutely love it! It is just amazing and I will be sure to take good care of it. Thank you, Jim!!

It was a wonderful visit and I am looking forward to seeing you again, Kathy! Lunch next time?

One last thing, lots of new fabric in the shop!! Check it out here and here.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

Peach Rainbow said...

How sweet, I just visited her blog.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Fun scissors. Beautiful woodwork. Amazing thread collection.

Rumi said...

Wow! your thread wall just blew me away!
Glad you had a nice visit with your friend.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- would you look at all that thread -- it's beautiful. Sounds like you had a fun visit -- Yay!!!

Vicki W said...

Oooh, great gifts and a fun day!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun day!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful and thoughtful gifts.
Love your long arm and thread set up.

Debbie

Simone de Klerk said...

What a great visit and I am totally impressed by your thread wall. I bet you just stand infront of it sometimes just looking at it.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What fun! Hanging with friends is always a good time. Lovin' that thread wall too!

pratima said...

A very fun day and thoughtful presents... the wood work is so beautiful!

Cathi said...

What a treasure that needle threader is! Your thread wall is -- well, amazing!

Kathy said...

Jackie,
Thanks for having me! I had such a wonderful visit with you and I can't wait until the next time.
I'm glad you like your scissors; and Jim is glad you like the needle threader. That needle threader fits so nice in your hand, it makes threading a needle effortless.
Looking forward to our next visit.
Kathy

Nedra said...

A wooden needle threader: what a wonderful gift. So much nicer than those flimsey little things that break after the first or second use.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...