Sunday, July 4, 2010

Black and White Inspiration Volume I

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has partaken in my site wide 20% off sale!! I know you will enjoy your purchases. If you haven't done so, you can still get in on the sale by using the code freedom20, at checkout, through the end of today. Just click HERE to get started.

Also, you still have a chance to get in on the BIG giveaway!! It ends at the end of today as well, just click HERE to enter.

Okay, now down to the serious stuff, quilts!! For those of you who have been reading my blog a while, you know that I have an extensive stash of black and white fabrics. Because of that I set up the Black and White Quilt Challenge Project Blog. Go and check it out, I will wait right here.

Okay, weren't all those quilts that everyone has posted pretty inspirational. I think that I even posted this next one there too.


This quilt was all cut on my AccuQuilt Studio Cutter in a matter of about 30 minutes. Really fast, almost unbelievable. But I just love the punch of orange!


The pattern is called Free Wheeling and can be found here. It really is a take on the Kaleidoscope block. But with the addition of the orange and white triangles it makes it look like it is spinning!


You can really see the motion in this photo. Now once again, I really need to get this one quilted!! I will most likely sneak it onto my long arm in between customers.

I hope this post has inspired you to make a black and white quilt with a little bit of color, if not I have a few more volumes of this one coming up. So stay tuned!

Go enter the giveaway and shop the sale!! Happy 4th of July!

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

that quilt is outstanding! love the orange :)

Nedra said...

Happy 4th of July back to you! Your quilt would be perfect to put out at Halloween.

Rumi said...

That lovely orange really dazzles in that great quilt!

Melinda said...

I love black and white quilts and have been thinking about adding orange to one. The orange is wonderful!

Terry said...

I've never done a black and white quilt before but I love this one! With the orange added it would be great for Halloween! :0)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Happy 4th!

pratima said...

The colors are very striking and the wheels do look like they are whirling... Lovely!
Happy 4th of July :)

Dandelion Quilts said...

It is really neat...it does look like it is moving.

annemariesquilt said...

Ohh lovely quilt Jackie and the orange looks perfect!!
I loved the black and white quilt challenge you hosted..

Marcia W. said...

Your quilts always look exceptionally good, including this one. The twirling motion is wonderful with that pop of orange.

Poppyprint said...

hmmm, all cut on your accu-cut in about 30 minutes you say...I'm thinking some kits might be in order Jackie!! I'll take one in B&W&aqua please! I love the spinning motion in this quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Stunning! The addition of the orange brings it to life.

Ivory Spring said...

Jackie,

The use of orange in that quilt is brilliant - it makes your quilt literally POP! I can definitely see the movement you are talking about.

Teresa said...

Man, that is a powerful quilt. I like the orange too - really hads a zippidy doo dah to the design.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- beautiful quilts Jackie! And especially yours -- I love that punch of orange with the black and white!

Sarah said...

It's gorgeous Jackie! I love orange. I don't think I use enough orange in my quilts.

Kim D. said...

Wow Jackie, love the quilt and the orange is lovely. I have some b, w & red blocks I won at a quilt retreat and need to put them together. Love b & w with a splash of color. Thanks for sharing!

julieQ said...

The addition of orange is just so pretty in your quilt!

Diane J. Evans said...

The quilt IS spinning! I love this effect! I've always thought that black and white add so much to q quilt, and this one has such an impact. Nice job! And by all means -- squeeze it in for the quilting -- you deserve it!

Diane

Nanette Merrill said...

For some reason I'm having problems commenting with blogger today! Be that as it may, I have to tell you how excited I am for you. Your brand is growing. I see Canton Village Quilt everywhere on the web it seems. I'm very tickled for you. Loved seeing the guests in your home from the previous post and this quilt is great. Good for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...