Saturday, July 10, 2010

Crosses on Point

Hello Everyone,

This quilt that I made, was completed several years ago as a sample for a local LQS. It is consist of all Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Some of these are still available, some not. The quilt was fun to do but definitely requires you to use a design wall for placement purposes.


The pattern was from a magazine. I think it was in Quilt Magazine, although I am not sure what year it was. You can see in this photo the fan fabric. That was one of my favorites.


Many Kaffe florals. The border fabric Paisley Jungle is still available here. You can see in this photo that the block is just two rectangles set on point. But because you are sewing 2 different fabrics together, that will then later form the cross, you really need to lay it out for correct placement.


Other than laying it on the design wall, this was not a difficult pattern to piece. Quick, easy, and satisfying.


This photo really shows off the crosses. The quilt is all quilted and washed. Nice soft and cuddly, just the way I like them!

Check out the new Kaffe FQ and 1/2 yard bundles here.

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Betsy said...

Jackie it looks great! I have been coveting those fabrics and the lovely Kona you carry.

Janet said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I love the tesselated designs.

alobsiger said...

Beautiful, Jackie! I've always wanted to make this one.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This is so pretty, Jackie!!

Bec said...

I Love Kaffe Fabric!! looks great!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That quilt really pops out laying on your grass--not that it needs any help looking stunning with all those bright colors. I really like that pattern.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Quick, easy, satisfying and STUNNING! It's gorgeous Jackie, I adore the colours and all that Kaffe, yum! xo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice quilt!! love the colors.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

Beautiful quilt Jackie. You know how I love those Kaffes.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see that it would have to be designed either on paper or on the wall before you sewed anything together. It is gorgeous!

wishes, true and kind said...

Very pretty, Jackie! I like quilts like this with both high and low contrast areas -- some almost fade together and others stand out a bit. It is so much for fun, interesting, and unpredictable.

em's scrapbag said...

Stunning! Love all the rich fabrics.

Cathi said...

Gorgeous. I love tessellating designs and this one is extra wonderful in the Kaffe fabrics!

quiltmom anna said...

Gorgeous quilt Jackie- I do love those Kaffe Fabrics- They are just so rich with color.
You do have some beautiful Kaffe fabrics for sale. Love the Cinnamon and Ginger quilt.
I am going to do a tessellating quilt workshop at the end of July. It will be lots of fun.
Thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Anna

Jonathan said...

Oh Jackie, how gorgeous, I ♥ it!!

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jackie -- I love the Kaffe fabrics!

julieQ said...

Gorgeous!! Jackie, each of your quilts tease me into getting Kaffe prints...I just love the colors and life in your quilts!

Em said...

Love love the quilt on the diagonal! Always love Kaffe and use often! Love the inspiration of your quilt. Em

pratima said...

Gorgeous quilt! The crosses look so different and unexpected when set on point. The Kaffe fabrics are fabulous!

Samantha said...

Great fabrics! What a gorgeous quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...