Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Channeling Wanda

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, my friend Wanda had posted this post on her blog.  She and I have very similar tastes in fabric.  We both love Kaffe, batiks, and African fabrics.  I have been following Wanda's blog since I started blogging in 2007.  She has some of the best color and design sense that I have ever seen.  Wanda continually amazes me.  

Anyway, when I saw her blog post yesterday, I just had to play.


Since I had been playing with my African fabrics about a month ago they were still sitting near my sewing machine and were at the ready for playing.

Using Wanda's technique for "crooked" cobblestones, I set out pairing fabrics and sewing.


I was able to complete these in the course of a little over an hour.  I think that I will make some more tomorrow and then square them up to join them for a mini wall hanging.


One of the things that I love about the African fabrics is the color and design.  I just LOVE them!!  Stay tuned to see how this one grows.

If you would like to try your hand with some African fabrics, I just added new ones to the shop and they are only $7.50 per yard.  You can find them by clicking here.

Thanks, Wanda for all your inspiration!!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Mary said...

I always find Wanda's work inspiring too. This will be a beautiful piece.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

These blocks are SO pretty. Wanda is a treasure. She inspires us all.

Nifty Quilts said...

Gorgeous blocks! I love your innovative fabric combinations.

Cathi said...

The African fabrics are really starting to intrigue me. Hmm ... might just have to start collecting some.

PatSloan said...

i love when my friends inspire me to channel them! maa-wah friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...