Thursday, December 6, 2012

Almost There...

Hello Everyone,

I have made a commitment to myself to get all my Judy Niemeyer paper pieced projects quilted in the new year.  But to do that, it means I need to peel all the paper off the backs of the tops.  Well, of course I don't have to if I would like a really noisy quilt.


I prefer a quiet quilt so I have been spending my evenings with my purple thang peeling papers in front of some of my favorite TV shows.


A little more to go on my Which Way is North? quilt. (Find the pattern here)  Stay tuned, this may be one of the first ones to get quilted.

Do you think I can make my goal in the New Year?

What are you working on this week?

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Betsy said...

I know the feeling Jackie, I am paper piecing this week too.

Kat Bennett said...

Do you have a post explaining paper piecing? I don't know the first thing about it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Noisy quilts would be good is your trying to snooze! My least favorite thing ever is peeling paper from PP projects. You do such a neat job.

I'm packing Christmas boxes to mail and putting finishing touches on a couple of gifts.

Unknown said...

Kate... I do!! I have a tutorial you can find it here... http://www.cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/2012/01/paper-piecing-step-by-step-tutorial.html

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

one of the reasons I can never seem to get into paper piecing I guess.

Karen said...

Good luck with all that!! I'm sure you can do it :)!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Peeling the paper out is my least favorite part and it keeps me from starting another quilt with it. I have several patterns, maybe just need to jump in and do it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I believe I spy some of my geese Jackie! I can't wait to see the finish so yes, quilt this one first! I am working on Christmas gifts, a nap sack, apron, boxy pouch, pajama pants etc.

Jean(ie) said...

Jackie, I've been following you for a couple of years. And the one thing I know is that you can do anything you set your mind to do.

Cathi said...

I can't wait to see this one quilted -- it's such a pretty quilt.
Do you get kitty helpers who help with the paper removal?

Thinkersbin said...

good work.keep it up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...