Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Hello Everyone,

I had a bit of a busy weekend, here are a few of the things that happened.  We took our son to an open house at a school he is thinking of attending upon his HS graduation in February.  On the way home from there we were stuck in some major traffic and took a detour. 

My friend Ginny lives in one of the towns we passed through, so we contacted her and asked her for some great ice cream places and boy did she oblige!!  And we also got to see Ginny too!

Here is what I had...


YUM!!

Then I made Victoria's Blogger's BOM for Month 11!


Quick and it turned out great!  Thanks for being part of the BOM, my friend!

Then we had our meeting for the upcoming Quilt Show....


If you haven't heard about it, here is the information:

~Things With Wings ~
 A week long quilting event at the New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks, CT
September 17 ~ 23, 2012
10:00 am ~ 5:00 pm daily
Guest Lecturers:  Marie Bostwick Sept 22 and 
Sue Reich Sept 23
Vendors on Saturday and Sunday
~ 30 WWII Quilts on Display
~ "Things With Wings" Special Exhibit
~ Plus:  200 Quilts in the Main Exhibit
Basket Raffles
For more information or to enter a quilt contact Jackie Kunkel
www.cvquiltworks.com
www.neam.org

If you are in the area, please come to the show!  We would love to have you!  Lots of fabulous quilts will be on display, including Judy Niemeyer's.  I will also be one of the vendors on the weekend!

Oh and I forgot to mention, I also FINISHED my daughter's quilt top for college!! It is on the long arm and I should have it quilted by tomorrow... and then to bind it... all within a week! Hurry, hurry!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sounds like you're a very busy bee. It would be fun to attend the quilt show but the distance is an issue. You'll be an old hand at the college stuff with your son since you've just done it with your daughter.

Cathi said...

Your ice cream treat looks absolutely delicious!
And I love the fabrics in your block. Beautiful!

Jean(ie) said...

Blueberry ice cream. You're killing me! Last night I made a blueberry buckle recipe from the LA times after seeing your last baked wonder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...