Friday, June 3, 2011

It's A Paper Piecing Mecca...

Hello Everyone,

I am here!! On retreat!! With my bestest quilty buddies! Guess what? At our table we had all brought along paper piecing projects. How funny is that? I guess we are just addicted to it because it is fun and gives great results.

So let me show you some fun pics...


This Double Wedding ring is my quilt, a Judy Niemeyer pattern, that is all paper pieced. I started this one about 7 years ago or so. All it needed was the last 2 borders to be applied. I don't know why I waited so long. So this was the first project I took out and had it finished within an hour and a half! Now why did I wait so long?? I just have to quilt it now.


Her is my friend Pam's A Touch Of Spring quilt up on the design wall. Another Judy Niemeyer pattern. You can see what mine looks like by clicking here. Pam's is almost done! Her's is in beautiful teals and purples.


Justine, my shop helper and BQF (as my kids dubbed her), is working on this beach quilt. Again, all paper pieced, but not a Judy Niemeyer pattern.


Ooops, what is this? Justine is "unsewing"!! Hmmm... that happens to all of us.


My friend, Caroline, who I haven't seen in a while because she is a super busy person, not to mention she was in glorious Italy for 2.5 weeks. Why wasn't I invited??? Anyway, she is working on a Judy Niemeyer pattern too!


My friend Deb, good friend, confident, and just all around super person also working on a Judy Niemeyer project. Did I mention that Caroline and Deb have been BFF's for 30 years. They are really organized about their quilting and tend to have everything done for one another. They always have each other's backs. How sweet is that??


My friend and also neighbor Pam. She and I talk daily. She is a great sounding board and fellow long arm quilter. Although right now, I can't tell what she is quite thinking about. Love ya!


Here is Deb's Pepper Dish in progress auditioning some fabric choices in the center.


Here I am with my Judy Niemeyer Seasonal Table Runner complete!!

Hope you enjoyed meeting some of my pal's, but there is lots more to come! There are 34 of us quilty people here. Tons of photos for inspiration.

Gotta go... more to sew!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

18 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wowzer some great projects. Sewing machines must be smokin'....are you taking time to eat or are you eating M and Ms for fuel? :o) Amazing and talented ladies!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

WOW Paper piece heaven. I wanna go there. I am so addicted to PP.
Happy sewing!
Patti

YankeeQuilter said...

How funny...at my guild's bee yesterday we were all debating the pro's and cons of paper-piecing. I love it but many at the table not so much! (I also admit to an almost finished Niemeyer quilt top...need to dig that out this summer!)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Lot of Judy N. fans I see - I have made a couple of her things too. Looks like you all are having fun. I see you have a potable design wall like mine - do you all have trouble with it tipping over too from the slightest little bump?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

Does Judy know you are all at a retreat working on her patterns? She would be so proud!
Looks like a wonderful group and retreats are the best.
Enjoy~

Poppyprint said...

That's a HUGE retreat! Wow, 34 people. all of your projects look amazing (and really difficult!) I guess you need to work on those well before happy hour, hehe. LOVE Deb's pepper dish - that is stunning.
Way to go finishing your table runner - it's beautiful!

*karendianne. said...

Wow is this fun or what? Thanks for sharing the massive creativity. I am feeling so totally inspired. Justine's Beach Quilt is radiant with depth starting at the water and shoreline as it does.

Sure can do a lot of things with paper piecing. That Pepper Dish is beyond cool.

So happy you're getting so much and sharing all that's happening! Tell your friends we said "hi."

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

awww! you are all up there! hey Justine, Hey Pam! and two retreats to get your table runner done! way to go!!!! does this means we need to do another retreat to start another project?

Tina Craig said...

Love all the JN goodness! I really need to focus on the wedding ring star next week.

Lynette said...

Fun times!! I'm working on a JN Glacial Star and a Stepping Stones. :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Hey! I think I know Caroline! I took a class with her at QBTY back in November/December last year. She taught a snowflake quilt pattern made with batiks and she re-did the whole pattern for us using strip-piecing instead of individual 3" blocks. What a time saver! Enjoy your retreat!

Kathleen said...

I love your Double Wedding Ring quilt....the more I see that quilt the more I want to make one...I just love it...it looks like you all are having a great time....

patricia said...

Where are you all? I sew want to be there. Haven't seen some of those faces for a very long time. I'm coming up for the quilt show (Lord willing and the creek don't rise). Please send all my best!!

Cathi said...

What beautiful quilts you're all making!! I love your table runner and the amazing Pepper Dish!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Loved meeting some of your mates Jackie, and what a gorgeous table runner, wow! xo

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Looks like a fun time! I think you should get paid for promoting Judy N. Lots of marketing for her in that post! LOL

Nancy Page said...

Looks like everyone was busy, busy, busy with lots of projects. They are all wonderful and lovely. I will have to look into this technique. Thank you for sharing pictures and projects.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Thank you for a delightful post! All the projects were so inspiring!!!
Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...