Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Total Eclipse

Hello Everyone,

As most of you know I spent 4 days on a wonderful quilting retreat with some of my quilty buddies this past weekend. I have been sharing lots of what we all did over the weekend. One of the things that I did I eluded to in a previous post. But I really want to show you more, because this project is making my heart sing....


This is a paper pieced pattern from Judy Niemeyer called Total Eclipse. I chose bright batiks for my quilt. There are two units that basically comprise this quilt.


Tons of quarter circle spike units. Loving them.


Love the stack of them!!


Aren't the bright batiks just fabulous?


Here you can see I decided to play with the units and color options.


At this point it is only play because I need to finish four more of the larger units before I can place them on the design wall and get the layout that I want.


Another possibility. Even though there are only two units, they all look so different to me and each and everyone of them are just beautiful in their own way. I am excited to see them go up on the design wall.

Next week, I will be taking a class with Judy but I won't have it complete in time. At least I don't think so, we'll see.


This is the pattern and you can find it here. I don't think I will be naming mine Total Eclipse, I think mine will be Bubblegum and Lollipops. What do you think?

Don't forget to enter the Kona Cotton Giveaway here. It is the last day!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

29 comments:

Rosa said...

It`s stunning!!I love it.

Mary said...

Looks fabulous!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Spectacular! I just love all of those sharp points and the colors are WOW. Certainly not a shy quilt.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

How about "Dark Side of the Moon" (Pink Floyd)! Love, love your colors, this is sgoing to be a cool quilt.

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Wow, the bright batiks look great together with the dark backgrounds. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh I do love it!! I just might have to work on that quilt - I have several of her patterns one more wouldn't hurt :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lynette said...

What a fun project to be working on!!

Nedra said...

Wow, Jackie, those are turning out fabulous! I love the bright colors against the dark backgrounds.

Vicki W said...

It's going to be fabulous!

Tina Craig said...

It's awesome, Jackie! I can't wait to see it assembled.

Retrogirl said...

Love your color choices, Jackie. Stunning!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see it progress!

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

Judy's designs are so insane. I just love them. She's one of the first "featured quilters" I'd ever seen at a quilt show, years ago. I'm loving how your quilt is coming together.

Anina said...

That takes my breath away! Wow!

Anna said...

Love it! I would like to try some paper piecing and love all of Judy's design but afraid they would be too difficult for me.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beeeautiful! I love your brights with the black.

Kim said...

Love the black background, this is going to be a stunner.

Happy Sewing

patty a. said...

This is just beautiful! I can't wait to see it completed. It looks like a quilt that you incorporated as much color as possible, that there is no more room for any more color, and I just love that look.

Evelene S said...

Those colors are so stunning! I can't wait to see it completed.

Poppyprint said...

Double WOW!!

marylouweidman said...

Jackie, that quilt is fabulous and so pretty colorwise-awesome! Thank you for putting my new blog info down. You are awesome

Helen said...

Your colors are so playful. They remind me of Colorforms. which were probably before your time. But I loved playing with them. Have fun!

Michele said...

Stunning! I love the precision of the paper piecing. You picked some drool-worthy fabrics.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Bubble Gum and Lollipops is perfect! Great colors, this is such a fantastic pattern!

Sara said...

Beautiful and I love your fabric choices.

Kristin said...

Love it!!! Your posts have been so motivating. I think you may have provided enough umph to get me out of my sewing slump. I really want to make a Judy N. quilt! Thanks for the show and tell.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Fun quilt and fun name for it! Boy, your retreat looks like it was a blast! A productive blast no less. :)

Melinda said...

The fabrics you chose: stunning, spectacular, brilliant. Can't wait to see the finished project.
I'm retreating for 4 days this weekend. Woot!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is going to be SO beautiful, Jackie. Gorgeous colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...