Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Small 30's Project

I decided that I needed a small project to work on, and because I love the 30's fabrics I chose one from Darlene Zimmerman's book Fat Quarter Small Quilts. I also wanted to pull fabrics from my stash and not buy any new fabric...heavens, no new fabric!!! Well, at least not for now. It truly is a small project and will finish at about 24" X 27" so if I could not scrounge up enough fabric in my stash I was in trouble. Here is a look at the fabric that I chose.

The quilt is the cover quilt on her book it is really cute and will go well on the wall or on the dresser in our guest bedroom. This room has a cottage feel to it. I didn't get too far on it I only cut the strips and the center squares out. After all, I did teach a class today at the shop.

One last thing I want to invite you all to my new website. It was created by some very nice people and they were just fantastic. They create websites especially for quilters, check them out.

I'm sorry, I lied that wasn't the last thing...I just wanted to share this last picture with you of our cat Rolo (20 lbs). He was desperate for water and needed a sip right out of my son's glass. And no his face did not get stuck, although we thought it might.



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...